Highlights of Tibet Overland Scenic Cultural Tour
- An ever exciting overland journey visiting great wonderful cities of Tibet
- Adventure on world highest and largest plateau of Tibet plateau with scenic views
- Dramatic landscapes of high snow capped peaks and crossing high great passes
- Explore Shigatse and Lhasa cities of great historical and cultural interest
- Drive through wide Yak grazing country and past rural Tibetan villages
- Tour of famous Tashilumpo monastery and magnificent Potala Palace
- Trip Mode: Hotel with local Lodge and Guest House on route
- Trek Grade: Moderate and Adventurous walks.
- Highest Altitude: Over Gyatso-la 5,220 m high.
- Daily drives: Minimum of 04 hrs to maximum – 6 hrs.
- Tibet duration: 07 Nights and 08 Days (with drive and flight back)
- Total Trip: 11 Nights and 12 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu).
Tibet Overland Scenic Cultural Tour Overview
Tibet Overland Scenic and Cultural Tour full of adventure around world highest and largest plateau of Tibet surround by dramatic landscapes and snow-capped mountains and crossing high passes to reach fabled city of Lhasa.
Tibet Overland Scenic and Cultural Tour, offers great delights and interest from the moment you land into Tibetan soil at Kyirong a border town within Tibet close to Nepal areas of Rasuwagaddi located within massive Langtang Himal. This amazing and great journey on Tibet Overland Scenic and Cultural Tour provides you with fascinating scenery during daily drive past nice farm villages and town around huge Yak and sheep grazing country.
Adventure begins from Kathmandu after enjoying tours of world heritage sites that gives you glimpse of Tibetan traditional life and culture as drive leads past the city and valley of Kathmandu to reach into Tibet at Kyirong. From Kyirong on complete wilderness of mountains and vast country within high plateau to reach first at second largest city of Tibet at Shigatse, with time here to visit famous Tashilumpo monastery complex the seat of Holy Panchen Lama.
With enjoyable tour journey heads to Gyantse and then on the road to Lhasa with spectacular views of snow-capped peaks and driving close of turquoise Lake Yamdrok Tsho to reach at scenic Khamba-la pass with wide panorama of Tibetan landscapes.
Slowly drive enters Lhasa city for few overnight stops with interesting tour of its famous historical and religious sites and monasteries visiting Drefung-Shera and magnificent Potala Palace the center and landmark of Tibet, known as Heavenly Realm located on a hill top facing grand views of Lhasa city and the valley.
Enjoying splendid time in Lhasa and around the busy market place of Barkhor Square and with colorful life of Tibetans then with last overnight in Lhasa where great sweeping flight from near Lhasa brings you back at Kathmandu, after a great adventure and experience in Tibet Overland Scenic and Cultural Tour.
Best Seasons for Tibet Overland Scenic and Cultural Tour:
April to November months of the year can visit Tibet, where April to May spring time will be the best time, visit of great interest with fine clear morning till afternoon, with some chances of light rains sometimes.
September to November another best months around Autumn/Fall, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Amazing to know that one can visit Tibet even in Monsoon months from mid June to mid September a wet rainy seasons on southern Himalaya, where’s Tibet falls within rain-shadow area, where heavy monsoon cloud blocked by giant Himalaya range. That is why northern Himalaya and Tibet are dry and arid country with least rain fall, but heavy snow during winter and early spring times from December till March.
Monsoon times much green in Tibet around hills and valley with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice is yours for Tibet Overland.
Tibet Overland Scenic Cultural Tour Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu sightseeing tour and Tibet preparation.
- Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,460 m – 07 hrs journey.
- Day 04: Drive to Kyirong Border 2,890 m and enter Tibet – 04 hrs drive.
- Day 05: Drive to Shegar or New Tingri 4,350 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 06: Drive to Shigatse 3,900 m visit Tashilumpo Monastery -05 hrs.
- Day 07: Drive to Gyantse 3,950 m visit Kumbum Stupa -03 hrs.
- Day 08: Drive to Lhasa 3,650 m via Yamdrok Tsho Lake – 05 hrs.
- Day 09-10: In Lhasa with sightseeing tour at places of great interest.
- Day 11: Drive to Lhasa / Gongor Airport fly to Kathmandu-1 hr:15 mins.
- Day 12: International Departure homeward bound to respective countries.