Highlights of Classic Jiri – Everest Base Camp Trekking
- An adventure following the footsteps of early pioneers and mountaineers
- On the classic trail from Jiri to Everest base camp walking on old original route
- Enjoy great views of dramatic landscapes of mountains, green hills and valleys
- Explore Sherpa cultural villages blended with strong Buddhism religions
- On the both sides of high Everest region around Solu and Khumbu district
- Trip Mode: Hotel while in cities with local Lodge on treks
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
- Highest elevation gain: On top Kalapathar 5,545 m and 5,364 m at base camp.
- Daily walks: Minimum of 3-4 hrs to maximum -6 hrs.
- Trek duration: 16 Nights and 17 Days (Jiri to Lukla)
- Total Trip: 20 Nights and 21 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu.
Classic Jiri – Everest Base Camp Trekking Overview
Classic Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trekking, an adventure on almost forgotten route to Everest and high Khumbu valley, where walks leads you on the classic and original trail as well following the footsteps of early pioneers and famous mountaineers, since the airstrip was constructed by late Sir Edmund Hillary (the first to reach Mt. Everest in May 29th, 1953 with late Tenzing Sherpa) around late 1970’, where most of the trekkers and adventurer fly to Lukla and back to Kathmandu after enjoying treks to Everest Base Camp.
After the airport in Lukla, the old Jiri classic route seldom used by few trekkers and adventurer, where you have the opportunity to walk on this original Classic Jiri to Everest Base Camp having wonderful times visiting both areas of high Everest region.
For people with enough time with interest to walk along quiet and scenic with cultural background, Classic Jiri to Everest Base Camp trekking will be the perfect and right choice where you will have marvelous time walking in the harmony of the immense local culture then reaching at high Khumbu valley at Everest Base Camp. Classic Jiri to Everest Base Camp trekking begins with a breathtaking drive to arrive at Jiri from Kathmandu, where Jiri areas known as Switzerland of Nepal due to its scenic landscapes of mountains and green hills.
Walk follows after ending the drive to reach at high Sete Sherpa villages and crossing over Lamjura-la pas to arrive at the beautiful town of Junbesi with views of Numbur peaks, as route leads over Takshindo to reach down at Dudh-Kosi Rive with uphill to Khare-Khola and at Bupsa to reach high Khumbu areas at Surkhe and Phakding villages.
Classic Jiri to Everest Base Camp trekking continues heading up at Namche Bazaar and then at the beautiful place of Thyangboche with a visit to its impressive monastery surrounded by mountains and green woods. Finally walk leads to the high arctic country to reach at Everest Base Camp after many days of pleasant scenic walk to stand beneath world’s most top Mt. Everest, enjoying impressive views of Khumbu Ice-Falls and glaciers with a climb of high Kalapathar viewpoint, and then heading down to Lukla for short scenic mountain flight back to Kathmandu.
Our magnificent journey and adventure Classic Jiri to Everest Base Camp trekking concludes on reaching at Kathmandu with fabulous memories and significant experience with Adventure Alpine Gorkha Treks.
Best Seasons for Classic Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trekking
Nearly all seasons of the year can trek, where March to May springtime will be the best time when wild-flowers especially the rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, which the walk more interesting with beautiful, bright morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains sometimes.
October to December another best months around Autumn/Fall and pre-winter, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon months from mid-June to mid-September wet rainy seasons were less number of trekkers venture, Along the way, some lodge in mid monsoon and mid-winter lodge will closed. Sometimes due to harsh and humid climate which makes the walking trails much harder and slippery, but much greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice as per your holidays for Nepal and Everest Base Camp Trekking.
Classic Jiri – Everest Base Camp Trekking Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Drive to Jiri 1,900 m – 06 hrs journey.
- Day 04: Drive to Bhandar 2,195m and start walk to Sete 2,575 m- 06 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Junbesi 2,675m via Lamjura-la 3,530m – 06 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Nunthala (Manidingma) 2,190 m – 0 6 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Bupsa Danda approx. 2,250 m 06 hrs.
- Day 08: Trek to Surkhe 2,295 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 09: Trek to Phakding 2,654 m- 05 hrs.
- Day 10: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m- 06 hrs.
- Day 11: In Namche for rest and acclimatization with short hike.
- Day 12: Trek to Thyangboche 3,867 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 13: Trek to Dingboche 4,365 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 14: Trek to Lobuche 4,890 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 15: Trek to Everest Base Camp 5,365 m and at Gorakshep 5,180 m-06 hrs
- Day 16: Climb Kalapathar 5,545 m and walk to Pangboche 3,900 m-06 hrs.
- Day 17: Trek to Namche Bazaar – 06 hrs.
- Day 18: Trek to Lukla – 06 hrs.
- Day 19: Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 20: In Kathmandu for individual activities or short sightseeing tour.
- Day 21: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.