Highlights of Langtang Valley Trekking
- A cultural and scenic country walks within high Langtang Himal area
- Walk into serene deep forested areas filled with tall rhododendron and fir trees
- Within Nepal first mountain Langtang National Park enriched with flora / fauna
- In the country of ancient Tamang people the hill tribes of Langtang region
- In the land of rare and elusive Red Panda often seen on scenic walks
- Enjoy grand views of massive range of Langtang Himal from Kyanjin
- Trip Mode: Hotel while in cities with local Lodge on treks
- Trek Grade: Moderate with touch of altitude.
- Highest elevation gain: At Kyanjin 3,830 m and 12,565 ft high.
- Daily walks: Minimum 04 hrs to maximum – 06 hrs.
- Trek duration: 07 Nights and 08 Days (Syabrubesi to Syabrubesi)
- Total Trip: 10 Nights and 11 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu.
Langtang Valley Trekking Overview
Langtang Valley Trekking a great country scenic walk within high Langtang Himal located around Nepal Central Himalaya range, which is the nearest mountain destination from the capital Kathmandu towards north direction. Langtang Valley Trekking an enjoyable cultural journey with grand views of snow-capped peaks on daily walks visiting lovely Tamang villages enriched with ancient Buddhist traditions and farm life as well cattle herding-breeding.
Starts with morning overland journey heading due north from Kathmandu past Nuwakot town of Trisuli of sub-tropical temperatures than on winding uphill to reach colder areas at Dhunche, a large headquarter village of Rasuwa district within Langtang Himal range.
The walk starts from Tamang village of Syabrubesi heading towards alpine hills of cooler temperatures entering the lovely forest of tall rhododendron-magnolia and pine trees with some bamboo stalks which makes a perfect habitat for endangered Red Panda and other wildlife often seen on walks. As walk progress walk leads into deep river gorge then entering a vast area reaching at Kyanjin within beautiful Langtang valley surrounded by an array of peaks of Langtang Himal.
Kyanjin is the comfort of lovely lodge facing tremendous views of snow-capped mountains with time to explore and hike to its best view-point hills for a marvelous panorama of Central Himalaya.
Enjoying grand moments at beautiful Langtang valley walk downhill towards farm villages of impressive Buddhist culture and finally completing our incredible Langtang Valley Trekking with new drive back to Kathmandu after a great memorable experience with Adventure Alpine Gorkha Treks and Expeditions.
Best Seasons for Langtang Valley Trekking
Nearly all seasons of the year can trek, where March to May springtime will be the best time when wild-flowers especially the rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, which the walk more attractive with beautiful, bright morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains sometimes.
October to December another best months around Autumn/Fall and pre-winter, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon months from mid June to mid September a wet rainy seasons where less number of trekkers venture and some lodge in mid monsoon and mid-winter lodge can be closed sometimes due to harsh and humid climate which makes the walking trails much harder and slippery, but much greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice as per your holidays in Nepal and for Langtang Valley Trekking.
Langtang Valley Trekking Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,503 m- 06 hrs.
- Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel 2,450 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Langtang Village 3,430 m-05 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin 3,830m/12,565 ft – 04 hrs.
- Day 07: At Kyanjin for option hike to Kyanjin-Ri 4,773 m /15,659 ft or Tsesgo-Ri 4,984 m /16,351ft.
- Day 08: Trek to Lama Hotel -06 hrs.
- Day 09: Trek to Syabrubesi – 05 hrs.
- Day 10: Drive to Kathmandu1, 300 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 11: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.