Highlights of Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek
- Around Dhaulagiri adventure that leads you within world’s 7th high mountains
- Grand panorama of snow-capped peaks with Annapurna and Dhaulagiri range
- On least visited route to Nepal Far North West wilderness of ice and glaciers
- Walk to the base of Mt. Dhaulagiri and crossing high French and Thapa passes
- From low warm area to alpine hills to arctic zone of snow and ice fields
- Trip Mode: Hotel with local Lodge and camping on treks
- Trek Grade: Adventurous to Demanding walks.
- Highest elevation gain: Over French Pass at 5,357 m high
- Daily walks: Minimum of 3-4 hrs to maximum 5-6 hrs.
- Trek duration: 11 Nights and 12 Days (with drive both ways)
- Total Trip: 16 Nights and 17 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu).
Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek Overview
Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek an adventure into remote corners of Nepal Far West Himalayan range that extends towards further west to Dolpo and North at Mustang and close to Annapurna Himalaya around Kaligandaki River Valley. Around Dhaulagiri a scenic circuit of less than two-week duration visiting world 7th highest Mt. Dhaulagiri Base Camp and crossing high spectacular French Pass over 5,357 m with another Thapa / Dhampus Pass to reach the end of the walks at Mustang district.
Mt. Dhaulagiri stands at 8,167 m high one of the massive range of mountains. Our walk leads around both scenic and best sides of the hill starting from east face to reach north within wildest country covered within remorseless fields of ice and glaciers. Adventure ‘Dhaulagiri circuit Trek’ begins from warm areas of Mygdi district after an exciting drive from beautiful Pokhara, where walk leads through rural farm villages of Magar people the hill tribe of Western Nepal.
The walk leads to higher cooler hills and beyond farm villages, entering a dense forest of tall pines, firs, oaks, and rhododendron trees, After crossing a few fast streams and then reaching at the barren country of ice and moraine on leaving the green vegetation and tree lines at Dhaulagiri base camp.
An excellent spot beneath towering peaks of Dhaulagiri, and its vast ice-falls next to our camp at base camp, Then heading over high French Pass with an outstanding panorama of Dhaulagiri range of peaks to reach scenic Hidden Valley enclosed by giant mountains. A wide hidden valley by the massive scale of heights, which is also a summer pasture for yaks of Mustang villagers, where walk traverse Dhampus and Thapa pass with views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain range then back into green vegetation and tree lines at Marpha.
Marpha a charming village to complete our adventurous walk within Mustang around Kaligandaki River valley where a short drive takes you to Jomsom town for short scenic flight to Pokhara, to conclude our remarkable and memorable adventure and experience Around Dhaulagiri Trekking.
Best Seasons for Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek
March to May springtime will be the best time when wild-flowers especially the rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, which the walk more appealing with beautiful, bright morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains sometimes.
September, October to mid-November another best months around Autumn/Fall and beginning of wintertime, when most of the days are unobstructed views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon months from mid-June to mid-September wet rainy seasons were less number of trekkers venture, but much greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice as per your holidays for Nepal and for Around Dhaulagiri Trekking.
Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Drive or Fly to Pokhara 860 m (30 mins by air) with 6 hrs overland.
- Day 04: Drive to Darbang village 1,230 m via Beni town 900 – 05 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Riverside 1,700 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Bagar 2,375m – 06 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Dovan 2,600m – 06 hrs.
- Day 08: Trek to Chartare / Bhainsi Kharka 3,110 m -05 hrs.
- Day 09: Trek to Pakhaban (Japanese Camp) 3,745m -05 hrs.
- Day 10: Trek to Dhaulagiri Base Camp 4,750m – 06 hrs.
- Day 11: Trek to Hidden Valley 4,890 m via French Pass 5,357 m.
- Day 12: At Hidden Valley (contingency or spare day).
- Day 13: Trek to Yak Kharka 4,890 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 14: Trek to Marpha 2, 675 – 05 hrs.
- Day 15: Drive to Jomsom 2, 715 m and fly to Pokhara 860 m – 20 mins.
- Day 16: Drive / Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 17: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.