Highlights of Sunkoshi River Rafting
Sun Kosi River Expeditions:
7-8 days depending upon water levels and current of the river offers full exciting frills & thrills on the “River of Gold” which is the name of Sun Kosi River regarded as top 10 rafting wildest rivers for rafting in the world.
- Trip Mode: Hotels-River Lodge-Resorts and camping.
- Rapid Grade: II to IV (in high flow season) moderate to adventurous
- Rafting: 07 to 08 days (depending upon water volume and season)
- Rafting Duration: 1 day approx: 12 to 20 km
- Total River distance: 272 kms (on rafting only)
- Put In Point: Dolalghat town (02-03 hrs drive from Kathmandu)
- Ending Point: Chatare / Kosi Tappu around south east Nepal Terai.
- Activities: Exciting drive, thrilling rafting to scenic float.
- Season: All season except July-August (monsoon wet months)
Sunkoshi River Rafting Overview
Starts with few hour drives from Kathmandu and ending the rafting near Kosi Tappu Wild Reserve and then back overland to Kathmandu or taking flight from the city of Biratnagar.
Sun Kosi River Rafting, a week or more excited rafters with full of thrills paddling on world’s top ten white water rafting rivers.
One of the great and longest rivers of Eastern Nepal, flows near to Kathmandu at Dolalghat, where Bhote Kosi (upper Sun Kosi) and Malemchi River joins to make Sun Kosi River and then heading downstream from mid hills to eastern southern Gangetic plains at Terai belt the flat land of Nepal.
Sun Kosi River flows from the glacier of high Tibetan mountains and as well from central Himal of Nepal, river flows eastwards through great valley between the Mahabharata range, as it forms the main watershed for most of eastern parts of Nepal and it is fed by several the tributaries which forms a major rapids with huge bouncy waves, drops and holes similar to white water rapids
Rafting along the river where you can relax on beautiful white sandy beaches for camping and the lower section of the river is covered with thick vegetation, as excitement and adventure continues encountering big mighty rapids called Harkapur I to III with Meat Grinder and then ending on flat and slow flowing areas at Chatara and at Kosi Tappu.
A famous Wild-Life Reserves and then adventure ends with a drive back to Kathmandu, or taking a scenic flight from Biratnagar.