Highlights of Island Peak Climbing
- An enjoyable adventure on top stunning Island Peak with glorious views
- Island Peak one of the most famous and popular trekking peaks of Nepal
- Climb for all beginners to expert mountaineers leads you to exciting adventure
- Walk into traditional cultural Sherpa villages adorned with prayer monuments
- Grand views all along the walks and climb with visit of Everest Base Camp
- A great experience of a lifetime on top Island Peak with fabulous mountain views
- Trip Mode: Hotel with local Lodge on treks and camping on climb
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
- Climbing Grade: PD + ‘Per Difficule’ with plus (French and Swiss Alpine Climbing Classification Systems.
- Daily walk and climb: Minimum of 04 hrs to maximum – 8 hrs on climb.
- Trek duration: 16 Nights and 17 Days (Lukla to Lukla)
- Total Trip: 20 Nights and 21 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu.
Island Peak Climbing Overview
Island Peak climbing leads you on top 6,160 m and 20,328 ft high facing outstanding panorama of surrounding giant peaks with world highest mountains with sweeping scenery of Khumbu landscapes. Island Peak climb an interesting mountain to reach its summit top, which is country famous and popular trekking peaks among adventurer and trekkers located in the middle of wide and scenic Imjatse valley.
Due to its beautiful location on the midst of Imjatse valley where Island peak name started, this nice looking mountain also called as Imjatse Himal which is listed in NMA (Nepal Mountaineering Association) where most of trekking peaks climb controlled. The grade for Island Peak Climbing as PD + means ‘Per Difficule’ with plus added a straight forwards climb with some technical obstacles to encounter climbing on moraine, glaciers, ice and snow to reach the summit of Island Peak.
The Grade we have used comes from French and Swiss Alpine Climbing Classification Systems which is popular world-wide for alpine style climbing of a day adventure. We have combine the adventure Island Peak Climbing with trek to Everest Base Camp and climb of high Kalapathar which allows you much time acclimatize as well with some practice and knowing the rough terrain of Himalaya.
Starts with scenic short flight from the capital Kathmandu to reach high Khumbu area at Lukla airport, where walk begins heading higher to Namche Bazaar having rest day and then reaching at beautiful Thyangboche Monastery within green woodland and views of Everest and magnificent Amadablam peaks.
As adventure progress leaving green vegetation and tree lines for sheer wilderness of high mountains to reach first at Everest Base Camp and climb of high scenic view point hill Kalapathar facing fabulous views of mountains with Everest and Pumori at close distance.
After visiting scenic area of high Khumbu and then head on towards our main target for Island Peak Climbing within beautiful Imjatse Valley, where adventure leads to stunning summit of Island Peak, after much preparation and practice climb.
Enjoying fantastic time and adventure reaching on top Island Peak overlooking grand panorama of surrounding high peaks of Everest, Amadablam, Nuptse, Lhotse as far towards Makalu.
Return journey leads downhill most of the way with few short climb in between to reach back into green and forested area and then on the road to Lukla for sweeping flight back to Kathmandu to conclude our great adventure and memorable experience on Island Peak Climbing.
Best Seasons for Island Peak Climb and Trekking
Nearly all seasons of the year can be trekked, where March to May spring time will be the best time when wild-flowers especially the rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, which the walk more interesting with fine clear morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains sometimes.
October to December another best months around Autumn/Fall and pre winter, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon months from mid June to mid September a wet rainy seasons where less number of trekkers venture, and some lodge in mid monsoon and mid winter lodge can be closed sometimes due to harsh and wet climate which makes the walking trails much harder and slippery, but much greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice as per your holidays for Nepal and for Island Peak Climb with Everest Base Camp Trekking.
Island Peak Climbing Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,820 m (35 mins) and walk to Phakding 2,654 m- 04 hrs.
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m- 06 hrs.
- Day 05: In Namche for rest and acclimatization with short hike.
- Day 06: Trek to Thyangboche 3,867 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Pheriche 4,240 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 08: Rest day for acclimatization and short hike.
- Day 09: Trek to Lobuche 4,890 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 10: Trek to Everest Base Camp 5,365 m and at Gorakshep 5,180 m-06 hrs
- Day 11: Climb Kalapathar 5,545 m and walk to Chukung 4,720 m-06 hrs.
- Day 12: Trek to Island Peak base camp in tented camps 4,970 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 13: Trek to High / Advance Camp 5,400 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 14: Climb Island Peak 6,160 m high and return to base camp – 08 hrs.
- Day 15: Reserve or contingency day in case of unfavorable weather condition
- Day 16: Trek to Pangboche 3,900 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 17: Trek to Namche Bazaar – 06 hrs.
- Day 18: Trek to Lukla – 06 hrs.
- Day 19: Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 20: In Kathmandu for individual activities.
- Day 21: International Departure homeward bound to respective countries.