Highlights of Kopra Hill Trekking
- Walk into serene green surrounding with amazing mountain views
- Adventure around tranquil surrounding of green dense alpine forest
- Away from main trekking trails into hidden areas of Annapurna Himalaya
- into lovely woodland of tall rhododendron-magnolia-oaks and pine trees
- Explore impressive local hill villages enriched with age-old traditional farm life
- Grand sunrise views over Dhaulagiri and Annapurna range from Poon Hill
- Trip Mode: Hotel while in cities with local Lodge on treks
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
- Highest elevation gain: Kopra Hill 3,855 m with options hike to Khair Lake at above 4,246 m high.
- Daily walks: Minimum of 3-4 hrs to maximum 5-6 hrs.
- Trek duration: 07 Nights and 08 Days (Pokhara to Pokhara)
- Total Trip: 14 Nights and 15 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu.
Kopra Hill Trekking Overview
Kopra Hill Trekking an adventure that takes you to remote end and off from the main trekking trail and beyond to reach at high ridge above main villages in between Mt. Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Himalayan range. Kopra Hill Trekking with Adventure Alpine Gorkha Treks will be your most fascinating holiday in high mountainous region of Nepal North Mid-West Himalaya and within most scenic country to experience the thrill and adventure.
For trekkers and interested travelers seeking for fresh new Himalayan destinations, Kopra Hill Trekking will be an ideal choice where walks leads you far end off the main trekking trails, into pristine surrounding with less number trekkers to encounter than other popular routes of Annapurna areas.
Kopra Hill Trekking starts from beautiful Pokhara city and its verdant valley surrounded by tiers of green hills and Annapurna Mountains with serene lakes, where drive leads to near Modi River, and then following an old Trans Himalayan Salt and Caravan Trade Route of Nepal and Tibet that extends beyond Ghorepani.
As walk proceeds on main trail for some days reaching at Ghorepani with hike to scenic Poon Hill for fantastic sunrise views over chain of Himalayan peaks, and then our route diverts off the main trail heading into complete isolation within serene wilderness of mountains to reach at high Kopra Hill. Kopra Hill offers spectacular panorama of Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri’s, Annapurna Fang (Vara Shikar) with Annapurna South at close distance, here with time to explore holy Lake of Khair before heading back to Pokhara visiting nice villages of Ghandruk.
After a wonderful time on high scenic hills of Annapurna finally our walks ends with short drive to picturesque Pokhara by its calm Phewa Lake with grand memories and experience of Kopra Hill Trekking.
Best Seasons for Kopra Hill Trekking
Nearly all seasons of the year can be trekked, where March to May spring time will be the best time when wild-flowers especially the rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, which the walk more interesting with fine clear morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains sometimes.
October to mid November another best months around Autumn/Fall, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon months from mid June to mid September a wet rainy seasons where less number of trekkers venture, and some lodge in mid monsoon and mid winter where lodge can be closed sometimes due to harsh and wet climate which makes the walking trails much harder and slippery, but much greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice as per your holidays for Nepal and for Kopra Hill Trekking.
Kopra Hill Trekking Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Drive or Fly to Pokhara 860 m (30 mins by air) with 6 hrs overland.
- Day 04: Drive to Nayapul start walk to Tirkhedhunga 1,460 m- 05 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Ghorepani 2,880 m-06 hrs.
- Day 06: Hike to Poon Hill 3,210 and trek to Sauta village 2,240 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Kopra Hill 3,855 m via Chistibung 3,140 – 06 hrs
- Day 08: Rest day at Kopra options for hike to Khair Lake – 06 hrs both ways.
- Day 09: Trek to Do-Bato 3,419 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 10: Trek to Ghandruk 1,930 m via Tadapani 2,635 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 11: Trek to Bhirethati 1,100 m or Nayapul and drive to Pokhara- 05 hrs.
- Day 12: Trek to road head and drive to Pokhara-05 hrs.
- Day 13: Drive / Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 14: In Kathmandu for individual activities or short sightseeing tour.
- Day 15: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.