Highlights of Gokyo Valley Trekking
- Amazing views encircled by high giant mountains at beautiful Gokyo valley
- Spectacular views of world four highest mountains with Everest from Gokyo-Ri
- Explore Impressive cultural Sherpa villages the highlanders of Everest region
- Scenic flight to Lukla and back at Kathmandu with grand mountains views
- Walk into pristine woodland and too barren landscapes of ice and glaciers
- Trip Mode: Hotel while in cities with local Lodge on treks
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Adventurous.
- Highest elevation gain: On top Gokyo Ri 5,357 m high.
- Daily walks Minimum of 3-4 hrs to the maximum -06 hrs.
- Trek duration: 11 Nights and 12 Days (Lukla to Lukla)
- Total Trip: 15 Nights,16 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu).
Gokyo Valley Trekking Overview
Everest Gokyo Valley Trekking located within high Khumbu hidden beyond high mountains and close to world’s 6th highest Mt. Cho-Oyo at high 8,201 m and 26,906 ft tall, straddles the border between Nepal and Tibet / China. Everest Gokyo Valley Trekking leads you to enjoy walks away from main busy trails of Everest base camp. From Namche Bazaar onward for some days in the complete wilderness of mountains and glacial lakes that make Gokyo valley an enchanting place to visit.
Starting Everest Gokyo Valley Trekking taking a swift short flight to land at Lukla, the door to many adventures around high Khumbu valley within Everest region as walk leads past many lovely Sherpa farm villages along with scenic views of peaks and rolling hills filled with beautiful green rhododendron, pines and fir tree lines.
We invade into famous Sagarmatha National Park which was listed in World Heritage Sites since 1979 to conserve. Its exotic flora and fauna including age-old traditional villages. The journey continues heading to famed Namche Bazaar the largest community or a town with colorful houses that makes Namche and essential place to enjoy the local culture as well for acclimatization.
The trekking trail from Namche heading towards quiet away from the main path to Khunde and Khumjung villages. Then we were entering high into Gokyo valley routes where green vegetation and tree lines fade for barren and scenic landscapes on reaching main 3rd Gokyo lake. Herewith time to enjoy views of beautiful scenery and hike to Gokyo-Ri on the highest spot of the adventure at high 5,357 m offers a tremendous panorama of world highest mountains with Everest, Lhotse, Cho-Oyu, and Makalu with arrays of peaks.
After a great time at Gokyo valley downhill to Namche unto Lukla for last overnight around high Khumbu and Everest region, where short flight brings you back at Kathmandu on completing an adventure of a lifetime experience on Everest Gokyo Valley Trekking.
Best Seasons for Everest Gokyo Valley Trekking
Nearly all seasons of the year can trek, where March to May springtime will be the best time when wild-flowers especially the rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, which the walk more appealing with beautiful bright morning till afternoon, there was a possibility of rain some days.
October to December another best months around Autumn/Fall and pre-winter, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon months from mid June to mid September a wet rainy seasons where less number of trekkers venture and some lodge in mid monsoon and mid-winter lodge can be closed sometimes due to harsh and humid weather which makes the walking trails much harder and slippery, but much greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice as per your holidays for Nepal and for Everest Gokyo Valley Trekking.
Gokyo Valley Trekking Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,820 m (35 mins) and walk to Phakding 2,654 m- 04 hrs.
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m- 06 hrs.
- Day 05: In Namche for rest and acclimatization with short hike.
- Day 06: Trek to Khunde 3,880 m and Khumjung 3,735 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Dole 4,110 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 08: Trek to Machhermo 4,470 m – 4 hrs.
- Day 09: Trek to Gokyo Lake 4,810 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 10: Hike to Gokyo-Ri afternoon free at Gokyo for walks around the lake.
- Day 11: Trek to Dole – 06 hrs.
- Day 12: Trek to Namche Bazaar – 06 hrs.
- Day 13: Trek to Lukla – 04 hrs and transfer to lodge.
- Day 14: Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 15: In Kathmandu for individual activities or short sightseeing tour.
- Day 16: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.