Highlights of Tent Peak – Tharpu Chuli Climbing
- Tent Peak / Tharpu Chuli a great adventurous climb of lifetime experience
- Enjoy amazing and exciting thrill with pure adventure climb on top Tent peak
- Magnificent panorama of whole Annapurna Himalaya and of scenic sanctuary
- Walk right in the heart of Annapurna massive mountain range at base camp
- Tent Peak located beyond sanctuary within arctic zone of ice and snow
- Trip Mode: Hotel with local Lodge on treks and camping on climb
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
- Climbing Grade: TD ‘Technical Difficule’ (French and Swiss Alpine Climbing Classification Systems.
- Daily walk and climb: Minimum of 04 hrs to maximum – 8 hrs on climb.
- Trek / Climb duration: 13 Nights and 14 Days (with drives both ways)
- Total Trip: 19 Nights and 20 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu.
Tent Peak – Tharpu Chuli Climbing Overview
Tent Peak-Tharpu Chuli Climbing one of the shortest adventures for mountaineering adventure of two-week duration, where walk leads you right in the tenderness of Annapurna Sanctuary and the base camp. Tent Peak also is known as Tharpu Chuli among Nepalese as listed in NMA (Nepal Mountaineering Association) where all trekking peaks is controlled and authorized.
Tent Peak –Tharpu Chuli Climbing one of the most technical lesser mountains to conquer, it’s summit top which is at above 5,663 m /18,575 ft high although below 6,000 m but leads you to real adventure. The grade as TD means of Technical Difficult to face the grading takes from French, and Swiss Alpine Climbing System and Classification describes as a mountain possible to climb, but with enough technical know-how to reach the summit.
Adventure to Tent Peak-Tharpu Chuli Climbing begins from the beautiful city at Pokhara a place adorned with scenic views of Annapurna range of mountains and lakes. As our journey leads north-west to reach mid-green hills walking through lovely traditional farm villages of Gurung, the hill tribe of Annapurna Himalaya interwoven with Buddhism religion and their own ancestral culture.
The walk leads to deep Modi River gorge covered with dense tree lines with bamboo and then following the river upstream right up to its glacial source at Annapurna Base Camp located within scenic Sanctuary enclosed by an array of high peaks.
Enjoying time with fantastic scenery of mountain views then heading to our final destination to reach Tent Peak / Tharpu Chuli base camp with tents and camping facilities for a few nights till the climb is over. The hill is climbing after much preparation having a rest day to acclimatize as well with a practice exercise on ice and rocks, then getting ready for the final ascent to the top summit of Tent Peak / Tharpu Chuli.
After a hard struggle climb to reach the summit of Tents Peak-Tharpu Chuli, where we will reward with spectacular views of mountain panorama and unique landscapes scenery. Feeling on top of the world, for a while then descend back to base camp to continue the journey to Pokhara onwards. Our adventure completes with fabulous memories and robust, exciting experience on Tent Peak / Tharpu Chuli Climbing.
Best Seasons Tent Peak -Tharpu Chuli Climb and Trekking
April to May springtime will be the best time when wild-flowers especially the rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, which the walk more appealing with beautiful, bright morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains sometimes.
October to November another best months around Autumn/Fall and pre-winter, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon months from mid-June to mid-September wet rainy seasons, where less number of trekkers venture and some lodge in mid monsoon and mid-winter lodge can be closed sometimes due to harsh and humid climate which makes the walking trails much harder and slippery, but much greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice as per your holidays for Nepal and Tent Peak / Tharpu Chuli Climb with Annapurna Sanctuary Trekking.
Tent Peak – Tharpu Chuli Climbing Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Drive or Fly to Pokhara 860 m (30 mins by air) with 6 hrs overland.
- Day 04: Drive to Nayapul start walk to Ghandruk village 1,930 m- 05 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Chomrong 2,170 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Dovan 2,630 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Machhapuchare Base Camp 3,700 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 08: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) at 4,130 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 09: Trek to Tent peak base camp 4,450 m / 14,600 ft – 05 hrs.
- Day 10: Rest day for acclimatization and climb preparation with practice.
- Day 11: Trek to high camp 5,200 m / 17,056 ft – 05 hrs.
- Day 12: Climb Tent Peak and return to base camp – 07 hrs.
- Day 13: Spare, contingency day in case of unfavorable weather for the climb.
- Day 14: Trek back to Annapurna Base Camp – 04 hrs.
- Day 15: Trek from Base Camp to Bamboo 2,345 m – 06 hrs
- Day 16: Trek to Jhinu village 1,780m with Hot Spring – 06 hrs.
- Day 17: Trek to road head and drive to Pokhara-05 hrs.
- Day 18: Drive / Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 19: In Kathmandu for individual activities or short sightseeing tour.
- Day 20: International Departure homeward bound to respective countries.