Highlights of Everest Base Camp – Gokyo Valley Trek
- Adventure on both sides of Khumbu valley with Gokyo and Everest base camp
- Hike to scenic Gokyo-Ri and the highest spot of the journey on top Kalapathar
- Crossing high Cho-la pass to reach the world’s number one Everest base camp
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery of high peaks and lakes at scenic Gokyo Valley
- Explore immense cultural villages of highlanders the Sherpa people
- From green woodland to remorseless fields of ice and glaciers on high Khumbu
- Trip Mode: Hotel while in cities with local Lodge on treks
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Adventurous.
- Highest elevation gain: Gokyo Ri 5,357 m, Cho-la 5,430 m, Everest BC 5,364m and Kalapathar 5,545 m high.
- Daily walks: Minimum of 3-4 hrs to maximum -07 hrs.
- Trek duration: 13 Nights and 14 Days (Lukla to Lukla)
- Total Trip: 17 Nights and 18 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu.
Everest Base Camp – Gokyo Valley Trek Overview
Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Valley Trekking with Adventure Alpine Gorkha Treks & Expeditions lead you to fascinating time with great marvelous adventure to experience, on best both sides of high Khumbu valley within Everest area. Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Valley Trekking, truly an amazing and wonderful visiting beautiful scenic Gokyo lakes and hike up to Gokyo-Ri for a stunning panorama of world four highest mountains that include Everest, Lhotse, Cho-Oyu with Makalu and series of peaks.Beside incredible close views of high mountains where walk leads you to enjoy the impressive culture of native Sherpa villages interwoven with Buddhism religion of great interest of age-old traditions and custom. Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Valley Trekking begin with short air-journey to land at Lukla town. The trail leads to follow scenic Dudh Kosi River valley filled with green woodland of rhododendron and pine trees, and then reach high at famous Namche Bazaar.
At Namche Bazaar is the time for acclimatization and to explore, its scenic viewpoints and streets of Namche Bazaar full of shops and stores with many facilities for visitors. From Namche leaving the main trail of Everest base camp, where route diverts to scenic and beautiful country of high Khumbu to reach Gokyo Valley, its many glacial lakes enclosed within the array of giant peaks includes high Mt. Cho-Oyu.
Gokyo hike to Gokyo-Ri view top for a glorious panorama of the mountain range and, then heading towards our next adventure destination crossing high Cho-la pass to reach at Everest Base Camp right beneath massive Khumbu Ice-Fall and glaciers. Enjoying marvelous moments at base camp return journey leads to climbing on top high Kalapathar at 5,545 m offers close views of Pumori and Everest at a mere distance with another chain of peaks.
Completing lifetime dream destinations head back to Lukla via the scenic trail to Thyangboche Monastery and Namche Bazaar where scenic flight brings you back at Kathmandu, after a tremendously enjoyable experience and adventure on Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Valley Trekking.
Best Seasons for Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Valley Trekking
March to May springtime will be the best time when wild-flowers especially the rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, which the walk more appealing with beautiful, bright morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains sometimes.
October to early December another best months around Autumn/Fall and pre-winter, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon months from mid June to mid September a wet rainy seasons where less number of trekkers venture and some lodge in mid monsoon and mid-winter lodge can be closed sometimes due to harsh and wet climate which makes the walking trails much harder and slippery, but much greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice as per your holidays for Nepal and for Everest Gokyo Valley Trekking.
Everest Base Camp – Gokyo Valley Trek Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,820 m (35 mins) and walk to Phakding 2,654 m- 04 hrs.
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m- 06 hrs.
- Day 05: In Namche for rest and acclimatization with short hike.
- Day 06: Trek to Dole 4,110 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Machhermo 4,470 m – 4 hrs.
- Day 08: Trek to Gokyo Lake 4,810 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 09: Hike to Gokyo-Ri afternoon walk to Thangnak 4,645 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 10: Cross Cho-la pass 5,430m descend to Dzong-la 4,830m-07 hrs.
- Day 11: Trek to Lobuche 4,890 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 12: Trek to Everest Base Camp 5,365 m and at Gorakshep 5,180 m-06 hrs
- Day 13: Climb Kalapathar 5,545 m and walk to Pangboche 3,900 m-06 hrs.
- Day 14: Trek to Namche Bazaar via Thyangboche 3,867 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 15: Trek to Lukla – 06 hrs.
- Day 16: Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 17: In Kathmandu for individual activities or short sightseeing tour.
- Day 18: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.