Highlights of Lantang Gosaikund Trekking
- Enjoy amazing experience visiting both side of Langtang Himal range
- From dense green forest to a wide scenic valley of ice and glaciers
- Stunning mountain panorama at Kyanjin with beautiful Langtang valley
- Explore immense and interesting culture and custom of local Tamang people
- Crossing high Gosainkund-la pass towards eastern rim of Kathmandu valley
- Trip Mode: Hotel while in cities with local Lodge on treks
- Trek Grade: Moderate and Adventurous.
- Highest elevation gain: Crossing over Gosainkund-la / East Laurabinaya-la 4,610 m / 15,124 ft high.
- Daily walks: Minimum 04 hrs to maximum – 06 hrs.
- Trek duration: 12 Nights and 13 Days (with drive both ways)
- Total Trip: 15 Nights and 16 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu.
Lantang Gosaikund Trekking Overview
Lantang Gosaikund trekking is an enjoyable and scenic adventure that leads you to both sides of Langtang Himal range of mountains, with pleasant and enjoyable time to experience.
Lantang Gosaikund trekking is a combination of scenic country walk in the harmony of local native Tamang exciting culture. It was since the past hundred of centuries interwoven with Buddhist teaching and ancient Bon sect of pre-Buddhism religion.
Langtang Gosainkund trekking lead you first to the beautiful and marvelous valley of Langtang at Kyanjin enclosed by series of snow-clad mountains on both sides of the valley.
The second part of the journey takes you to a high and holy spot at Gosainkund lake, a huge glacial pond critical religious sites. Hindu where the great festival is held once a year, interesting to observe the events where pilgrims visit for a dip in the icy pond to relinquish the sin of a lifetime.
Walk progress heading up to cross the highest point of the adventure over Gosainkund-la or Eastern Laurabinaya la pass with impressive views to enjoy, then on the road to reach at Kathmandu, where our fabulous Langtang and Gosainkund treks end at Kathmandu valley eastern rim.
Best Seasons for Langtang Gosainkund Trekking:
Best season is March to May and September to early December months, March to May springtime will be the best time when wild-flowers especially the rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, which the walk more appealing with beautiful, bright morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains sometimes.
October to December another best months around Autumn/Fall and pre-winter, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon months from mid-June to mid-September a wet rainy season where less number of trekkers venture and some lodge in mid monsoon and mid-winter lodge can be closed sometimes due to harsh and humid climate which makes the walking trails much harder and slippery, but much greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice as per your holidays in Nepal and for Langtang-Gosainkund Trekking.
Lantang Gosaikund Trekking Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,503 m- 06 hrs.
- Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel 2,450 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Langtang Village 3,430 m-05 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin 3,830m/12,565 ft – 04 hrs.
- Day 07: At Kyanjin hike option to Kyanjin-Ri 4,773 m /15,659 ft or Tsesgo-Ri 4,984 m /16,351ft.
- Day 08: Trek to Lama Hotel -06 hrs.
- Day 09: Trek to Thulo Syabru 2,120 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 10: Trek to Sing Gompa – Chandanbari 3,330m – 05 hrs.
- Day 11: Trek to Gosainkund Lake 4,200 m/ 13,779 ft- 05 hrs.
- Day 12: Trek to Gopte 3,430m crossing Lauribinya-La and Gosainkund pass 4,610 m / 15,124 ft – 06 hrs.
- Day 13: Trek to Kutumsang 2,470 m/ 8,103 ft – 06 hrs.
- Day 14: Trek to Chisapani 2,165 m/ 7,103 ft – 06 hrs.
- Day 15: Trek to Sundarijal and drive to Kathmandu – 05 hrs.
- Day 16: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.