Highlights of Annapurna Circuit Trekking
- Enjoy the adventure on the both sides of massif Annapurna Himalaya range
- Walk from low warm area to cooler alpine hills to arctic zone of ice and glaciers
- Explore impressive villages enriched with ancient Buddhist cultural heritage
- Constant views of high snow capped mountains on daily scenic walks
- Adventure over high Thorang-la pass to world deepest gorge of Kaligandaki
- Trip Mode: Hotel while in cities with local Lodge on treks
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
- Highest elevation gain: 5,416 m /1769 ft on top Thorang-La pass.
- Daily walks: Minimum of 4 hrs to maximum 6-7 hrs.
- Trek duration: 12 Nights and 13 Days (with both ways drive)
- Total Trip: 17 Nights and 18 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu).
Annapurna Circuit Trekking Overview
Annapurna Circuit Trekking with Adventure Alpine Gorkha Treks (AAGT) provides travelers unique scenic destinations within both scenic sides of massive Annapurna Himalayan mountain range, with delightful and enjoyable moments to experience. Annapurna Circuit Trekking an opportunity to walk within world’s top ten adventure destination as listed by famous traveling guide books and travel magazines which you will find on this marvelous and scenic trekking.
Walk leads from low warm farm areas after an exciting drive from Kathmandu to reach the trekking point at Lamjung district, located Mid-West Nepal and then heading towards cooler hills within enchanting alpine woodland exploring nice villages of Dharapani-Chame town to reach at Manang village situated within scenic valley enclosed by array of peaks of Annapurna and Chulus.
Having rest day at lovely village Manang where you can visit and soak into age-old Buddhist cultures and traditions life of the Manang people, and taking short hike to support acclimatization around this beautiful valley. From Manang heading towards highest spot of the adventure to reach on top Thorang-la pass at above 5,416 m with sweeping panorama of high mountains facing views of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Damodar Himal and group of Chulus peaks.
Enjoying views a long descend to Kaligandaki River valley to reach at Jomsom past holy spot of Muktinath, one of the holiest temples for Hindu followers where journey leads to Jomsom the headquarter town of Mustang district. As adventure progress to reach at Tatopani village with warm low country a place with natural hot-spring to enjoy after passing through world deepest gorge of Kaligandaki River valley.
After Tatopani with refreshing stop heading back to cooler hills filled with lovely rhododendron trees at Ghorepani where hike takes you to Poon Hill for super 360° views of mountain range.
Along with mountain views enjoy striking sunrise and then heading towards low warm areas where our adventure completes at beautiful Pokhara by its calm Phewa Lake after a great remarkable adventure and experience on Annapurna Circuit Trekking.
Main Best Seasons for Annapurna Circuit Trekking
Nearly all seasons of the year can be trekked, where March to May spring time will be the best time when wild-flowers especially the rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, which the walk more interesting with fine clear morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains sometimes.
October to early December another best months around Autumn/Fall and beginning of winter time, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon months from mid June to mid September a wet rainy seasons where less number of trekkers venture, and some lodge in mid monsoon and mid winter as most of the lodge can be closed on route trekking, due to harsh and wet climate which makes the walking trails much harder and slippery, but much greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice as per your holidays for Nepal and for Annapurna Circuit Trekking.
Annapurna Circuit Trekking Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Drive to Jagat 1,290 m via Besisar 800 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 04: Trek to Dharapani 1,920 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Chame 2,670 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Pisang 3, 230 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Manang Village 3,450 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 08: Rest day at Manang for local hikes and acclimatization.
- Day 09: Trek to Yak Kharka 4,110 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 10: Trek to Thorang High Camp 4,600 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 11: Cross Thorang-La 5,416 m and to Muktinath 3,800 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 12: Drive to Tatopani 1,050 m via Marpha -Ghasa villages- 05 hrs.
- Day 13: Trek to Ghorepani 2,750 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 14: Hike to Poon Hill and trek to Tirkhedhunga 1,470m -05 hrs.
- Day 15: Trek to road-head and drive to Pokhara – 05 hrs (walk and drives).
- Day 16: Drive / Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 17: In Kathmandu for individual activities or short sightseeing tour.
- Day 18: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.