Highlights of Kanchenjunga North Base Camp Trekking
- Walk into pristine surrounding away from main flow of trekking trails
- Great marvelous views of scenic country to Kanchenjunga base camp
- Enjoy visiting rural farm villages in the backdrop of Mt. Kanchenjunga
- On high trail to mountainous villages enriched with Buddhist culture
- Within beautiful alpine forest laden with tall rhododendron and pine trees
- Trip Mode: Hotel with local Lodge and camping on treks
- Trek Grade: Adventurous to Demanding walks.
- Highest elevation gain: 5,065 m at Pangpema, Kanchenjunga North Base Camp.
- Daily walks: Minimum of 04 hrs to maximum 7- 8 hrs.
- Trek duration: 17 Nights and 18 Days (with drives and flight both ways)
- Total Trip: 20 Nights and 21 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu).
Kanchenjunga North Base Camp Trekking Overview
Kanchenjunga North Base Camp Trekking an adventure that leads you on an old Trans Himalayan Salt and Caravan Trail of Tibet of Nepal Eastern region, where our walk branch off from Chirwa village towards Kanchenjunga North base camp. An enjoyable journey, where few trekkers and adventurer seldom venture around this scenic country due to remoteness and isolated from rest of the central city and towns, where walk leads you from mid-hills of Taplejung district at Sukhetar after an exciting drive.
Kanchenjunga North Base Camp Trekking will certainly fascinate trekkers with the various change of landscapes-temperatures as well with local culture from low Terai belt of Far Eastern to alpine hills town and villages of Ilam with its vast sea of Tea-Gardens and then reaching at remorseless fields of ice and glaciers at Pangpema at Kanchenjunga base camp.
It is starting Kanchenjunga North Base Camp Trekking taking a full flight from Kathmandu to land at the low sub-tropical climate of Eastern Terai the flatland of the country, where a drive leads to cooler hills past Ilam town with views of Kanchenjunga to reach at Sukhetar to start the walk. Trek leads with ups and downhill through attractive farm villages with well-tended terraces and into the cool shade of forest following the raging Tamur River right up to its glacial source at Pangpema within Kanchenjunga North Base Camp.
Notice the difference from hill tribe to mountain villagers inhabited by Tibetan origin known as Bhotia people with some Sherpa interwoven with Buddhism religion and traditional farm life. An exciting place to be where you can observe ancient local custom and within a high country surrounded by an enormous range of peaks at Kanchenjunga base camp enjoying marvelous moments, where walk leads you on the same trail back to Sukhetar and to Ilam town.
The walk complet from Sukhetar, where new drive brings you back into low, warm areas for a scenic flight to Kathmandu, after a tremendous excellent adventure and experience on Kanchenjunga North Base Camp Trekking.
Best Seasons for Kanchenjunga North Base Camp Trekking
March to May springtime will be the best time when wild-flowers especially the rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, which the walk more enjoyable with beautiful, bright morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains sometimes.
September, October to mid-November another best months around Autumn/Fall and beginning of wintertime, when most of the days are views clear and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon months from, mid-June to mid-September wet rainy seasons were less number of trekkers venture, but much greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice as per your holidays for Nepal and Kanchenjunga North Base Camp Trekking.
Kanchenjunga North Base Camp Trekking Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Fly to Bhadrapur 300 m and drive to Ilam town 1,365 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 04: Drive to Sukhetar 2,440 m and trek to Mitlung 921m – 06 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Phurumbu School 1,500 m -06 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Chirwa 1,250 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Sekathum / Japantar 1,350m – 07 hrs.
- Day 08: Trek to Gyapla Phedi 2,300m – 07 hrs.
- Day 09: Trek to Ghunsa, 3,480 m – 07 hrs.
- Day 10: Trek to Khambachen 4,000m -06hrs.
- Day 11: Trek to Lhonak 4,780m – 06 hrs.
- Day 12: Hike to Pang-Pema around Kanchenjunga North Base Camp 5,065m.
- Day 13: Trek to Ghunsa, 3,480 m – 08 hrs.
- Day 14: Trek to Gyapla Phedi 2,300m – 07 hrs.
- Day 15: Trek to Sekathum / Japantar 1,350m – 07 hrs.
- Day 16: Trek to Chirwa 1,250 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 17: Trek to Phurumbu School 1,500 m -07hrs.
- Day 18: Trek to Suketar 2,440 m -04 hrs.
- Day 19: Drive back to Ilam town or beyond – 05 hrs.
- Day 20: Drive to Bhadrapur airport and fly to Kathmandu transfer to hotel.
- Day 21: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.