Highlights of Bhote Kosi River Rafting
- Trip Mode: Hotels-River Lodge and Resorts or camping.
- Rapid Grade: II to IV (in high flow season) moderate to adventurous
- Rafting: From a day to 2 days
- Rafting Duration: 1 day approx: 12 to 20 km or more to maximum 2 days.
- Put In Point: Sukute (02-03 hrs. drive from Kathmandu)
- Ending Point: Dolalghat town as season wise with water volume of the river.
- Activities: Exciting drive, thrilling rafting to scenic float.
- Season: All season except July-August (monsoon wet months)
Bhote Kosi River Rafting Overview
Bhote Kosi River rafting day drive from Kathmandu or start with overnight at Last Resort or Borderland Resort as well at Dhulikhel a day rafting for few hours of exciting enjoyable rivers to raft.
Bhote Kosi flows from the glaciers of mighty Langtang-Jugal Himal range of mountains including some high mountains of Tibet, which makes one of the most exciting rivers to raft on Bhote Kosi, also known as Upper Sun Kosi River.
A small and fast-flowing river certainly lads you with exciting adventure rafting downstream encountering rapids, holes, and drops as you paddle downstream.
The glacial source of this fast running river starts from numerous tributaries and glacial lakes and ponds of Dudh-Kund and with 14th highest Mt. Shisapangma in Tibet.
Rafting put-in point of our Bhote Kosi River Rafting lies close to the border of Nepal and Tibet at a mere distance further from our starting spot.
The nearest rivers from Kathmandu with a few hour drive to reach ‘Put In Point’ of rafting after driving past nice villages and towns of Dhulikhel and Dolalghat on old Friendship Highway of Kathmandu / Lhasa, Tibet Highway.
Here meet our rafting crews and captain of the boat, where our expert River guide will brief with information on safety measures, a paddling technique including water reading, flora/ fauna, and local culture and custom.
Rafting with full safety gear of helmets, life jackets, and the paddle the mighty rapids into raging white water and bouncy waves with scenic floats enjoying the views of rolling green hills dotted with farm villages and terraces.
Finally, rafting ends at Dolalghat, where Malemchi and Bhote Kosi Rivers join to make a large Sun Kosi River, from here a few hours drives back to Kathmandu after a great thrill and enjoyable time on Bhote Kosi River Rafting.