Highlights of Kathmandu Valley Hill Hike
- A peaceful retreat on hills of Kathmandu valley facing mountains panorama
- Walk into high ridges within fresh mountain air with daily views of snow peaks
- Enjoy perfect tranquil surroundings with ups and down scenic hike of few days
- Stunning sunrise views of an array of Himalayan peaks from picturesque Nagarkot Hill
- Walk in the cool shade of a pristine green forest of pines and rhododendron
- Trip Mode: Hotel and local Lodge or in Mountain Resorts
- Trek Grade: Moderate with Ups and Downhill walks.
- Highest elevation gain: At Chisapani Hill top above 2,315 m high.
- Daily walks Minimum 04 hrs to the maximum – 06 hrs.
- Hike Duration: 02 Nights and 03 Days (With both way drives)
- Seasons: All year except monsoon times June to mid-September
Kathmandu Valley Hill Hike Overview
Kathmandu Valley Hill Hike a fantastic way to spend few days around rural farm areas of Kathmandu so close and yet remote from the hustle and bustle city life, where you will have great exciting times on high green hills north of Kathmandu valley.
Kathmandu Valley Hill Hike, leisure to moderate walk that leads you to uphill climb with gradual scenic path and in the end on much downhill. It will complete on two nights and three days around tranquil and picturesque hills facing panorama of Central Himalayan mountains.
Starts with a short drive to reach northeast of Kathmandu on a small farm town of Sundarijal where walk leads to climbing to enter Shivapuri National Park a beautiful spot with cascading waterfalls and streams.
From here, with more uphill past farm villages of Tamang tribe and into serene woodland to reach at Chisapani Hill a marvelous scenic spot for sunrise and mountain views, as the walk continues heading due east to arrive the famous and popular hill at Nagarkot.
Nagarkot offers tremendous views of high snow-capped mountains from Ganesh-Langtang-Jugal Himal with Gaurishankar to Everest range further due to east horizon.
At Nagarkot enjoy spectacular sunrise views over an array of the mountain range and in comfort lovely lodge and resorts, then ending our hike heading downhill to old Changunarayan town village and visit the oldest temple of Nepal before driving back to Kathmandu.
Our scenic and enjoyable walk altogether at Changunarayan Temple premises with an exciting short drive back to Kathmandu after an impressive refreshing moment on Kathmandu Valley Hill Hike.
Kathmandu Valley Hill Hike Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Drive to Sundarijal & hike to Chisapani 2,315 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 02: Hike to Nagarkot 2,100m – 05 hrs.
- Day 03: Morning hike to Changunarayan 1,640 m and drive to Kathmandu.