Highlights of Tsum Valley Trekking
- An amazing adventure in the far north Mid-West to Tsum valley of happiness
- Explore hidden corners at Tsum valley a perfect Shangri-la with high mountains
- Scenic views of massive Manaslu and Ganesh Himalaya range of peaks on walks
- Visiting time-forgotten villages within pristine tranquil country of high Tsum valley
- Enjoy culture of Tsum villages and its impressive Mu and Rachen monasteries
- Trip Mode: Hotel while in cities with local Lodge on treks
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Adventurous.
- Highest elevation gain: At Mu Gompa 3,700 m and 12,139 ft high.
- Daily walks: Minimum 04 hrs to maximum – 06 hrs.
- Trek duration: 15 Nights and 16 Days (with both ways drives)
- Total Trip: 18 Nights and 19 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu.
Tsum Valley Trekking Overview
Tsum Valley Trekking takes you to remote corners of Nepal Mid-West Himalaya into ‘valley of happiness’ as it is from an ancient language called ‘Beyul Kyimolung’ of Tibet. Tsum Valley Trekking areas located on old Trans Himalayan Salt and Caravan Route of Nepal to Tibet border situated beyond high northward from Mu Gompa area where our walk leads to with fascinating moments visiting its charming old villages.
Tsum Valley Trekking a grand scenic and cultural country for travelers in search of fresh new Himalayan destination, as this area a new and fresh walking route just opened for outside visitors for the last two decades. Tsum Valley Trekking leads you to raw regions, where few trekkers seldom visit due to it’s, remote and isolation from other famous and main trekking routes and, as well as unknown to many wide-world travelers.
Where Adventure Alpine Gorkha Trek and Expeditions will leads right in the heart of Tsum within the valley of happiness with glorious times overlooking beautiful scenery of Manaslu and Ganesh Himal and its unique dramatic landscapes.
Tsum Valley Trekking begins with a breathtaking drive to reach inner areas of Gorkha district within Mid-West of the country, where walk follows from low paddy fields area on the same trail of Manaslu trek for some days.
On reaching further colder areas of Buddhist religion domain at Lokpa village, where our trail diverts towards North-East direction to reach. The high valley of Tsum past lovely communities of Nyle to Mu Gompa on the most top spot of Tsum Valley. Explore the villages and witness the impressive culture of Tsum people adorned with ancient ritual and custom similar to Tibetans, along with fabulous views of high mountains.
After a grand and exciting time around Tsum Valley and its, attractive villages, where walk leads on the same trail towards, low, warm areas for a drive back to Kathmandu with beautiful memories and experience on Tsum Valley Trekking.
Best Seasons for Tsum Valley Trekking
March to May springtime will be the best time when wild-flowers especially rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, the walk will be more exciting with beautiful, bright morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains sometimes.
October to early November another best months around Autumn/Fall, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon months from mid June to mid September a wet rainy seasons where less number of trekkers venture and some lodge in mid monsoon and mid-winter lodge can be closed sometimes due to harsh and humid climate which makes the walking trails much harder and slippery, but much greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice as per your holidays in Nepal and for Tsum Valley Trekking.
Tsum Valley Trekking Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Drive to Soti-Khola 730 m- 07 hrs via Arughat 570 m – 06 hrs journey.
- Day 04: Trek to Machha Khola 930 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Dobhan 1,070 m via Tatopani (Hot Spring) – 06 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Jagat 1,345 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Lokpa 2,240 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 08: Trek to Chokan-Paro 3,031m-5 hrs.
- Day 09: Trek to Nyle 3,347m – 05 hrs.
- Day 10: Trek to Mu Gompa 3,700m/12,139 ft -04hrs.
- Day 11: At Mu-Gompa rest day to explore.
- Day 12: Trek to Rachen-Gompa 3,240 m- 05 hrs.
- Day 13: Trek to Chumling 2,386 m – 05hrs.
- Day 14: Trek to Lokpa 2,240 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 15: Trek to Philim village 1,590 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 16: Trek to Tatopani village with Hot Spring-06 hrs.
- Day 17: Trek to Soti Khola 730 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 18: Drive to Kathmandu – 06 hrs.
- Day 19: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.