Highlights of Rara Lake Scenic Holiday
- Rara Lake certainly delights all visitors being in beautiful pristine surroundings
- Largest and deepest Rara Lake of Nepal in the midst of serene alpine woodland
- Around least explored area by foreign visitors due to its remote tranquil location
- Serene, scenic country of Nepal Far West Himalaya with stunning mountains
- Enjoy panoramic flight both ways views of Himalayan snow-capped peak range
- Trip Mode: Hotel with local Lodge and camping on treks
- Trek Grade: Leisure to Moderate walks.
- Highest elevation gain: On top Murma Hill at 3,800 m high.
- Daily walks: Minimum of -04 hrs to maximum -05 hrs.
- Rara Visit duration: 04 Nights and 05 Days (with flight both ways)
- Total Trip: 09 Nights and 10 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu).
Rara Lake Scenic Holiday Overview
Rara Lake Scenic Holiday, a different kind of adventure that we present than other wide range of walks around Himalaya, where a visit to Rara Lake made much possible in short distance of time frame to its newly built airstrip at Talcha village. Rara Lake Scenic Holiday takes you to remote corners of Nepal Far North West within the most abundant and deepest lake of the country and the smallest park of Nepal with an area of 106 sq.kms of approx: 375 k.m. air distance from the capital Kathmandu.
Rara Lake covers 10. 8 sq.kms located at 2,990 m high within beautiful coniferous forest covered with blue pine, black juniper, spruce with oaks and Himalayan cypress where the park altitude range from 1,800 m to 4,048 m high with great snow-capped mountains.
The lush green vegetation around Rara Lake makes excellent habitat for Himalayan wild animals including exotic bird-life with ducks and cranes that migrates during the spring and summer times. Rara Lake Scenic Holiday begins from the capital Kathmandu with an exciting tour around places of great passion and interest. Then Here we were flying towards Nepal Far South East Terai belt within a warmer country, where another full short flight takes you to land around Rara Lake area in Talcha village.
Enjoy pleasant and scenic country walks and hike to reach Murmur Hilltop, offers an incredible panorama of surrounding beautiful landscapes, from this highest spot of the journey, where walks leads you right in the heart of Rara Lake.
At Rara Lake where you will soak with great dramatic views of mountains and green hills within its, lovely forest surrounding then heading back to Talcha for flight to Kathmandu after mesmerizing experience on Rara Lake Scenic Holiday.
Best Seasons for Rara Lake
April to May springtime will be the best time when wild-flowers especially the rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, walk leads with beautiful, bright morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains sometimes.
September, October to early November another best months around Autumn/Fall and beginning of wintertime, when most of the days are clear sight and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Rara Lake Scenic Holiday Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Fly to Nepalgunj 150m 55 mins flight and transfer to hotel.
- Day 04: Flight from Nepalgunj to Talcha airport and transfer to lodge.
- Day 05: Trek to Murma 3,800 m and reach Hotel Rara View – 04 hrs.
- Day 06: Explore around Rara Lake 2,990 m and enjoy the views.
- Day 07: Trek to Talcha for overnight stop.
- Day 08: Morning fly to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj and transfer to hotels.
- Day 09: In Kathmandu free as contingency day for individual activities.
- Day 10: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.