Highlights of Around Ganesh Himal Trekking
- Adventure and exploration around remote corners of Mid-West Himalaya
- Journey into pristine areas on least visited areas by main-flow of trekkers
- Grand spectacular mountain panorama from high Pansang Bhanyang-la pass
- Enjoy remote traditional farm villages witness friendly hill people of Ganesh Himal
- Exceptional walks into enchanting forest of tall rhododendron and pines tress
Trip Mode: Hotel with local Lodge and camping on treks
Trek Grade: Moderate to Adventurous.
Highest elevation gain: At Pansang Bhanjyang 3,850 m / 12,705 ft high.
Daily walks: Minimum 04 hrs to maximum – 06 hrs.
Trek duration: 13 Nights and 14 Days (with both ways drives)
Total Trip: 16 Nights and 17 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu.
Around Ganesh Himal Trekking Overview
Around Ganesh Himal Trekking an adventure into the pristine wilderness on off the main trekking trails, where the area located within remote north mid-west Himalaya, an exciting place visiting Gorkha-Dhading, Rasuwa and Nuwakot districts in one single journey. Around Ganesh Himal Trekking will indeed delight travelers and adventurer within its serene surroundings away from main busy walking routes where you will be in a world of your own on this two-week-long adventure in and around Ganesh Himal.
Ganesh Himal a massive mountain range close to Manaslu in the west with Langtang towards the east, Ganesh Himal with its major peak Ganesh I stand at 7,422 m /24,350 ft high. The native name is Yangra for Ganesh I with II and III. The name for mountains range comes from the Hindu deity Lord Ganesha, depicted in the form of an elephant, where the south face of Pabil (Ganesh IV) slightly resembles an elephant snout.
Around Ganesh Himal Trekking starts with a drive from Kathmandu to reach the low, warm valley of Gorkha district at Arughat town and then walking past many farm villages to enter into the tranquil environment within the green forest of tall rhododendron-oaks-magnolia-pines and fir trees.
The walk leads away from human habitation and farm village for sheer wilderness facing tremendous views of Manaslu-Ganesh and Langtang as far towards Annapurna range of peaks on reaching the highest spot at Pansang Bhanjyang hilltop.
After an enjoyable and exciting time around the serene forest and high green hills walk leads back into delightful farm villages and then ending our adventure at warm sub-tropical areas of Trisuli Bazaar where short drive brings you back at Kathmandu with marvelous adventure and memorable experience on Around Ganesh Himal Trekking.
Best Seasons for Around Ganesh Himal Trekking
March to May springtime will be the best time when wild-flowers especially rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, the walk will be more attractive with beautiful, bright morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains sometimes.
October to mid-December another best months around Autumn/Fall and Winter season, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon months from mid June to mid September a wet rainy seasons, where less number of trekkers venture and some lodge in mid monsoon and mid-winter lodge can be closed sometimes due to harsh and humid climate which makes the walking trails much harder and slippery, but much greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice as per your holidays in Nepal and for Around Ganesh Himal Trekking.
Around Ganesh Himal Trekking Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Drive to Arughat 570 m – 05 hrs journey.
- Day 04: Trek to Manbu 1,300 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Lamo Dhunga 2,200 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Nauban Kharka 2,750 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Khading 2, 570 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 08: Trek to Timila school 1,760 m ahead Tirigaon – 06 hrs
- Day 09: Trek to Chalisa 1920 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 10: Trek to Marmelung Kharka 3,200 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 11: Trek to Pangsang La 3,850 meters – 04 hrs.
- Day 12: Rest day for short hike and exploration.
- Day 13: Trek to Rupchet 3,045 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 14: Trek to Saline 2,500m – 05 hrs.
- Day 15: Trek to Deurali 1,500m – 05 hrs.
- Day 16: Trek to Trisuli Bazaar and drive back to Kathmandu.
- Day 17: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.