Highlights of Shivapuri Hill Hiking
- In tranquil environment with scenic views of Kathmandu valley and high peaks
- Walk into nice forest surrounding with exotic bird life with exciting climb
- Within Shivapuri National Park premises to reach high view point at 2,540 m
- Fabulous panorama of Manaslu, Ganesh-Langtang to Jugal Himal range
- Visit holy Narayanthan a temple of sleeping Lord Vishnu on bed of serpent
- Hike Grade: Moderate with Ups and Downhill walks.
- Highest elevation gain: Above 2,540 m high.
- Day walks: Maximum of 04- 05 hrs.
- Seasons: All year except monsoon times June to mid September
Shivapuri Hill Hiking Overview
Shivapuri Hill Hiking North of Kathmandu valley a pleasant day hike of near 4 to 5 hours of good scenic walk, leads you direct north of Kathmandu of less than an hour drive from your hotel.
Shivapuri Hill hiking North of Kathmandu valley includes a visit to the holy temple of Hindu, where you can witness a masterpiece of work of art sleeping Lord Vishnu on a bed of serpent.
The walk starts heading due north entering into Shivapuri National park and with an exciting tour of Nagi Gompa a Buddhist nunnery monastery and a smaller institute to study Buddhism.
From here, we are heading for a straight climb to reach on top Shivapuri Hill at high 2,540 m, facing great views of Kathmandu city and the valley towards the south with a range of Himalayan peaks in the north.
Enjoying the time and having your packed lunch descend back to road-head at Buddhanilkanta or Narayanthan to drive back your hotel in Kathmandu.
Shivapuri Hill Hiking Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Drive to Narayanthan / Buddhanilkanta hike to Shivapuri Hill – 04 hrs.