Highlights of Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking
- A walk that leads you to fascinating villages enriched with ancient cultures
- Enjoy the experience within Tamang traditional villages of great interest
- A short and scenic adventure exploring local colorful Buddhist custom
- Spectacular scenery of rolling hills and valleys with giant snow-capped peaks
- Walk into serene green alpine forest covered with tall rhododendron trees
- Trip Mode: Hotel and local Lodge or Home Stay on treks
- Trek Grade: Moderate with Ups and Downhill walks.
- Highest elevation gain: At Nagthali Hill top above 3,154 m high.
- Daily walks: Minimum 04 hrs to maximum – 06 hrs.
- Trek duration: 05 Nights and 06 Days (Syabrubesi to Syabrubesi)
- Total Trip: 08 Nights and 09 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu).
Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking Overview
Adventure Alpine Gorkha Treks and Expeditions offers short and delightful adventure around Central Himalaya within massive Ganesh and Langtang Himal region where you can enjoy scenic walks on Tamang Heritage Trail trekking. Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking leads you off the beaten tracks away from mainstream routes close to Nepal and Tibet border, on ancient Trans Himalaya Salt and Caravan Trade route of two countries close to Rasuwagaddi frontiers of this trekking trail.
Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking an enjoyable and pleasant journey combination of culture and scenic walks visiting age-old farm villages of ancient hill tribe Tamang been on the high hills of Nepal Himalaya since more than 3,000 years of history, where Ta words comes from Mongolia and Tibet means horse and Mar as Red.
In early days were horse soldiers or cavalry for Mongolian and Tibet lords then slowly migrated southwards to Nepal hills and mountains bringing their age-old heritage and custom as it was since early period of time. A great opportunity for travelers to witness and explore around Tamang villages and soak into local culture of great interest on this cultural journey on Tamang Heritage trekking, where you will have overnight stop in the midst of villagers and get the most of warm traditional hospitality of the natives Tamang.
Walk begins with drive from Kathmandu to reach higher hills within Rasuwa district around Langtang Himal range, where route leads to scenic views of mountains in the harmony of local culture of Buddhism religion and then heading back to Kathmandu.
Truly a marvelous trip to enjoy your week long holiday in Nepal taking part on marvelous journey on Tamang Heritage Trail trekking to experience medvial villages custom and its simple traditional life.
Best Seasons for Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking
Nearly all seasons of the year can be trekked, where March to May spring time will be the best time when wild-flowers especially the rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, which the walk more interesting with fine clear morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains sometimes.
October to December another best months around Autumn/Fall and pre winter, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon months from mid June to mid September a wet rainy seasons where less number of trekkers venture, and some lodge in mid monsoon and mid winter lodge can be closed sometimes due to harsh and wet climate which makes the walking trails much harder and slippery, but much greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice as per your holidays in Nepal and for Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking.
Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,503 m- 06 hrs.
- Day 04: Trek to Gatlang 2,236 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Tatopani 2, 605 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Thuman 2,390 m via Nagthali 3,154 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Syabrubesi – 05 hrs.
- Day 08: Drive to Kathmandu1, 300 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 09: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.