Highlights of Manaslu Circuit Trekking
- Adventure around high and scenic Manaslu valley with Larke-la pass traverse
- Explore immense culture of high hills villages enriched with impressive custom
- Scenic views of high snow-capped mountains on daily walks around Manaslu
- From low-warm climate to cooler alpine hills to arctic zone at high Larke-la pass
- Crossing over from beautiful Manaslu valley to east of Manang area via Larke-la
- Trip Mode: Hotel while in cities with local Lodge on treks
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Adventurous.
- Highest elevation gain: At Larke-La 5,106 m high.
- Daily walks: Minimum 04 hrs to maximum – 07 hrs.
- Trek duration: 14 Nights and 15 Days (with both ways drives)
- Total Trip: 17 Nights and 18 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu.
Manaslu Circuit Trekking Overview
Manaslu circuit trekking takes to you circuit of world’s 8th highest mountains Mt. Manaslu. The Manaslu towers high at 8,163 m/26,781 ft located the midst of Ganesh Himal in the east and Annapurna towards west. The Manaslu trekking with Adventure Alpine Gorkha Treks and Expeditions will be your best adventure holiday planner in Nepal. The Himalaya was providing you with great programs and itinerary to make your trek enjoyable with more additional days to immerse within its beautiful scenery of mountains and landscapes.
An adventure is a great combination, where you will trek through lovely delightful villages of varied ethnic cultures of high hills, people to lower warm areas within the district of Gorkha.
Manaslu Circuit trekking, once a restricted region due to its closeness with Tibet / China border as the route was once a Caravan and Salt Trade Trail of Nepal and Tibet, where trade still exists in smaller ways than early days of more than 50 years back.
The area Manaslu circuit Trekking was opened since the past three decades for outside visitors to observe its treasures of great beauty filled with glorious views of mountains and fascinating culture of Manaslu villages enriched with Buddhism religion.
Around Manaslu Trekking starts with a drive to reach Nepal Mid West from the capital Kathmandu an exciting journey where one can witness Nepalese rural farm life around villages and towns.
On reaching at the end of the drive at Soti-Khola past busy town of Arughat, where the walk begins heading higher hills from low, warm farmland past charming villages and into the serene forest of rhododendron and pine trees.
The walk progress is leaving behind lush green vegetation and tree lines for beautiful windswept terrain on reaching scenic Himalayan range. Manaslu high valley enclosed within an array of peaks of Manaslu range, where the native of Tibetan origin calls Kutang for Manaslu.
You are enjoying time around lovely villages of Lo and Sama-Gaon with enough time to explore the local traditional farm life enriched with old custom visiting the monastery of great interest.
The journey continues heading far end of the valley towards due northwest reaching at the base of high Larke-la pass, where early morning climb takes you on top at 5,106 m high facing fantastic views of the surrounding mountain range.
After a marvelous moment with a tough walk to the pass where long descend takes you at Manang areas and back into green forested areas with downhill to reach a road-head at Dharapani village where Manaslu and famous Annapurna circuit route joins.
You will be Dharapani village with a pleasant overnight stop. The morning drive brings you back at Kathmandu, after a great adventure and overwhelming experience on Around Manaslu Trekking.
Best Seasons for Around Manaslu Trekking
March to May springtime will be the best time when wild-flowers especially rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, the walk will be more attractive with beautiful, bright morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains sometimes.
October to early November another best months around Autumn/Fall, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon starts the months from mid-June to mid-September wet and rainy seasons. Along with the trail less number of trekkers venture and some lodge in mid monsoon and mid-winter lodge can be close, sometimes due to the harsh and humid climate which makes the walking trails much harder and slippery. However, greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, the choice as per your holidays in Nepal provide a Manaslu circuit trekking.
Manaslu Circuit Trekking Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Drive to Soti-Khola 730 m- 07 hrs via Arughat 570 m – 06 hrs journey.
- Day 04: Trek to Machha Khola 930 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Dobhan 1,070 m via Tatopani (Hot Spring) – 06 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Jagat 1,345 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Deng 2,240 m via Philim 1,570 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 08: Trek to Namrung 2,630 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 09: Trek to Lo-Gaon 3,180 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 10: Trek to Sama-Gaon 3,530 m -05 hrs.
- Day 11: At Sama-Gaon rest day for acclimatization and local excursion.
- Day 12: Trek to Samdo 3,690 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 13: Trek to Larke Phedi / Dharama-Shala 4,470 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 14: Cross Larke La 5, 106 m and trek to Bhimthang 3,790 m -07 hrs.
- Day 15: Trek to Gho 2,760 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 16: Trek to Dharapani 1,725 m -05 hrs.
- Day 17: Drive to Kathmandu1, 300 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 18: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.