Highlights of Three High Passes Trek
- Probably the most highest adventure destination in all Himalaya region
- Exciting and alluring panorama of mighty mountains with Mt. Everest
- Traverse from one Khumbu areas to another crossing three high passes
- An adventure of a lifetime experience facing tremendous views and scenery
- Enjoy the cultural villages of famous Sherpa the High-Landers of Everest
- Trip Mode: Hotel while in cities with local Lodge on treks
- Trek Grade: Adventurous to Demanding walks (on snow condition).
- Highest elevation gain: On top Kalapathar 5,545 m and 5,364 m at base camp.
- Daily walks: Minimum of 3-4 hrs to maximum -6-7 hrs.
- Trek duration: 16 Nights and 17 Days (Lukla to Lukla)
- Total Trip: 20 Nights and 21 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu.
Three High Passes Trek Overview
Everest Three Passes Rewarding Adventure trekking for interested trekkers and adventurer crossing over one of the world’s highest passes in the shade of mighty Mt. Everest with the fabulous panorama of peaks. Everest Three Passes Adventure leads you from one scenic area of high Khumbu valley to another beautiful location with ample time to enjoy views as well visiting Everest base camp and climb of Kalapathar at above 5,545 m, the highest point of the adventure with closet views of Everest and Mt. Pumori.
Everest Three Passes Adventure will be your magnificent journey and experience that fulfills your adrenaline quest and dreams walking over highest ridges and passes of Himalaya. Adventure Alpine Gorkha treks present you this scenic Everest Three Passes. An adventure where the short panoramic flight takes you to Lukla, a town where all trekking and other adventure around Everest and Khumbu begins and ends.
From Lukla walk leads on pleasant trails with grand views of mountains and landscapes scenery. The walking through lovely Sherpa villages on following Dudh Kosi a glacial river for few days till walk reaches high and colorful Namche Bazaar. With time for rest and acclimatization at fascinating Namche Bazaar exploring its exciting view-points in the harmony of the local culture of Sherpa people then heading towards beautiful location at Thyangboche surrounded by lovely green forest and snow-capped peaks with Everest and Amadablam.
Enjoy visiting its impressive monastery where walk continues into the barren and arid country on leaving behind the green forest and tree lines for the sheer wilderness of mountains. The trail leads to cross Kongma-la the first pass of the adventure that leads to Everest base camp and climb of high Kalapathar.
After visiting Everest base camp and crossing high Kongma-la, where the second traverse leads over Cho-la pass to reach the scenic, and beautiful Gokyo valley with the emerald-colored glacial lakes facing outstanding views of Cho-Oyu and other peaks are surround. Finally our last and final adventure leads over high Renjo-la to complete all Everest Three Passes and then on long descend past quaint village of Thame and back into green tree lines to reach Namche and at Lukla.
Completing our excellent experience around high Himalaya areas of Khumbu where short flight brings you at Kathmandu after exciting, thrilling times on Everest Three Passes Adventure.
Best Seasons for Everest Three Passes Adventure
March to May springtime will be the best time when wild-flowers especially the rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, which the walk more attractive with beautiful bright morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains sometimes.
October to early December another best months around Autumn/Fall and pre-winter, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon months from mid June to mid September a wet rainy seasons where less number of trekkers venture and some lodge in mid monsoon and mid-winter lodge can be closed sometimes due to harsh and humid climate which makes the walking trails much harder and slippery, but much greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice as per your holidays for Nepal and for Everest Three Passes Adventure.
Three High Passes Trek Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,820 m (35 mins) and walk to Phakding 2,654 m- 04 hrs.
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m- 06 hrs.
- Day 05: In Namche for rest and acclimatization with short hike.
- Day 06: Trek to Thyangboche 3,867 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Dingboche 4,365 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 08: Another rest day at Dingboche for acclimatization and local hike.
- Day 09: Trek to Chukung 4,725 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 10: Cross over Kongma-la 5,535 m and to Lobuche 4,980 m – 08 hrs.
- Day 11: To Gorakshep 5,180 m walk to Everest base camp 5,364 m- 06 hrs.
- Day 12: Morning climb Kalapathar 5,545 m walks to Dzongla 4,835 m- 06 hrs.
- Day 13: Cross Cho-La pass 5,367 m descend to Thaknag 4,710 m – 08 hrs.
- Day 14: Walk to Gokyo Lake 4,800 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 15: Cross Renjo-la 5,360 m and descend to Lungden 4,380 m – 07 hrs.
- Day 16: Trek to Thame village 3,880 via Marlung – 06 hrs.
- Day 17: Trek to Namche Bazaar via Thamo – 05 hrs.
- Day 18: Trek to Lukla – 06 hrs.
- Day 19: Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 20: In Kathmandu for individual activities or short sightseeing tour.
- Day 21: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.