Highlights of Nar-Phu Semi Annapurna Circuit Trek
- Adventure in remote corners of Chulus range and beyond Annapurna Himalaya
- Exciting walks in far flung pockets of high Manang valley close to Damodar Himal
- Explore time less Nar-Phu villages interwoven with Buddhism religion and culture
- On least ventured areas by trekkers within pure wilderness of serene surrounding
- Crossing high Kang-la and towards highest pass over Thorang-la to Mustang area
- Trip Mode: Hotel while in cities with local Lodge on treks
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
- Highest Elevation Gain: Over Kang-la 5,323 m and Thorang-La pass 5,416 m
- Daily Walks: Minimum of 4 hrs to maximum 6-7 hrs.
- Trek Duration: 16 Nights and 17 Days (with drive and flight to Pokhara)
- Total Trip: 21 Nights and 22 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu).
Nar-Phu Semi Annapurna Circuit Trek Overview
Nar-Phu Semi Annapurna Circuit Trek one of the least explored region of high remote corners of Nepal Mid-West Himalaya, an exclusive Himalayan journey with Alpine Gorkha Treks. Nar-Phu a Semi Annapurna Circuit Trekking, on this adventure for some days walking on main popular trail of Annapurna within Lamjung and Manang districts and then diverting our routes towards far end of Annapurna and Chulus range of mountains to reach at ancient villages of Nar and Phu.
A fascinating area to explore around Phu and Nar villages which takes you back to medvial time era, amazing to witness its ancient traditional life as it was for past hundreds of centuries interwoven with Buddhism religion similar to Tibetan custom. Nar-Phu and Semi Annapurna Circuit Trekking begins after an interesting overland journey to reach at Besisar within Lamjung district and then following raging Marysangdi River to reach high green hills covered with serene alpine woodland.
Along the walks enjoy grand scenery of Manaslu-Lamjung and Annapurna peaks and visiting nice hill villages of Jagat-Tal and Dharapani and then our route leaves from main Annapurna circuit trail for some days heading towards a hidden Shangrila around Nar-Phu country. At Nar-Phu where green trees drops for sheer barren landscapes within high mountains of Damodar Himal –Himlung peaks with Chulus where route leads beyond Annapurna and high above Manang valley.
Enjoying impressive moments at Phu and Nar villages and visiting its old monasteries of great interest and then crossing high Kang-la pass to reach at Manang main village on Annapurna Circuit trail. From Manang village adventure continues to cross the highest pass of the trip over Thorang-la at above 5,416 m high facing spectacular views of mountains and dramatic landscapes views and then reaching at Muktinath within Mustang area.
Muktinath regarded one of the holiest of all holy spots for Hindu and Buddhism religions, visits its interesting temple and monastery then down at Kaligandaki River valley to reach at Jomsom, headquarter town of Mustang district and hub of Thakali people.
With last night in Jomsom around high areas of Nepal Mid and Far West Himalaya where short scenic flight brings you at beautiful Pokhara by its calm Phewa Lake to complete our overwhelming adventure and great experience on Nar-Phu with Semi – Annapurna Circuit Trekking.
Best Seasons for Nar-Phu Semi Annapurna Circuit Trek
March to May and September to November months, March to May a spring time and the best time with wild-flowers in full bloom, especially the rhododendron (Nepal national flower).
Walk will be more interesting with fine and clear morning till afternoon, as well chances of rains sometimes. October to November another best months around Autumn/Fall, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Nar-Phu Semi Annapurna Circuit Trek Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Drive to Jagat 1,290 m via Besisar 800 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 04: Trek to Dharapani 1,920 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 05: rek to Kotto village 2,610 m near Chame town 2,670 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Dharma-Sala 3,230 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Kyang 3, 020 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 08: Trek to Phu village 4,080 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 09: Rest day in Phu village for acclimatization and side walk.
- Day 10: Trek to Nar Phedi 3, 545 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 11: Trek to Nar-Gaon 4,206 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 12: Trek to Kang La Base Camp 4,530 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 13: Cross Kangla Pass 5, 323 m trek to Ngawal 3,650 m – 07 hrs.
- Day 14: Trek to Manang Village 3,450 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 15: Trek to Yak Kharka 4,110 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 16: Trek to Thorang High Camp 4,600 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 17: Cross Thorang-La 5,416 m and to Muktinath 3,800 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 18: Drive to Jomsom 2,715 m- 02 hrs.
- Day 19: From Jomsom Fly to Pokhara and transfer to hotel by the lake.
- Day 20: Drive / Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 21: In Kathmandu for individual activities or short sightseeing tour.
- Day 22: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.