Highlights of Kailash Overland Tour
- Journey to holy Mt. Kailash and Lake Manasrover around South West Tibet
- Daily scenic views of high mountain range that borders Nepal and Tibet
- Enjoy beautiful scenery of dramatic Tibetan landscapes and snow capped peaks
- Interesting adventure around holy Mt. Kailash and sacred lake Manasrover
- Explore lively areas full of religious symbols on walks around Mt. Kailash
- Trip Mode: Hotel with local Lodge and Guest House on route
- Trek Grade: Moderate and Adventurous walks.
- Highest Altitude: Over Droma-la 5,630 m / 18,525 ft high.
- Daily drives: Minimum of 04 hrs to maximum – 6 hrs.
- Tibet duration: 09 Nights and 10 Days (with drive both ways)
- Total Trip: 14 Nights and 15 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu).
Kailash Overland Tour Overview
Kailash Overland Tour a holy pilgrimage journey for Hindu and Buddhist followers as well to Jain religion, as Mt. Kailash regarded as holiest of all holy sites in the universe. For Hindu abode of Lord Shiva (one of important god in Hindu religion) for Buddhist a place of Khang Rimpoche a great priest and saint, where this adventure leads to one of the most important place on earth.
Mt. Kailash stands at high above 6,714m / 22,028 ft a lonely mountain within great vast Tibetan plateau where massive pilgrimage takes place on holy month of April and May during the time of Saga Dawa (Lord Buddha birth anniversary).
Kailash Overland Tour starts with exciting overland journey heading from Kathmandu on newly opened highway to enter into Tibet/ China and onward on high and world largest plateau with stunning scenery of Tibet South West country heading past several farm villages and town to reach at holy Lake Manasrover.
After time at holy Lake Manasrover, then towards Mt. Kailash for short circuit around the holy mountain on top sacred and highest spot Droma-la at above 5,630 m / 18,525 ft high facing super views of Kailash North Face at close distance. Enjoying great spiritual moment and then on downhill past Lamchu valley to reach on the road-head after ending our holy walks with long overland journey back to reach at frontier of Nepal and Tibet in Kyirong.
From Kyirong reach back into Nepal within green hills surrounding and then back at Kathmandu, after a great adventure and experience on Kailash Overland Tour.
Best Seasons for Kailash Overland Tour:
April to October months of the year can visit Tibet, where April to May spring time will be the best time, visit of great interest with fine clear morning till afternoon, with some chances of light rains sometimes. September to October another best months around Autumn/Fall, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Amazing to know that one can visit Tibet even in Monsoon months from mid June to mid September a wet rainy seasons on southern Himalaya, where’s Tibet falls within rain-shadow area, where heavy monsoon cloud blocked by giant Himalaya range.
That is why northern Himalaya and Tibet are dry and arid country with least rain fall, but heavy snow during winter and early spring times from November, December till March. Monsoon times much green in Tibet around hills and valley with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice is yours for Kailash Overland Tour.
Kailash Overland Tour Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu sightseeing tour and Tibet preparation.
- Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,460 m – 07 hrs journey.
- Day 04: Drive to Kyirong Border 2,890 m and enter Tibet – 04 hrs drive.
- Day 05: At Kyirong acclimatization day explore culture of Tibet.
- Day 06: Drive to Saga 4,400m – 05 hrs.
- Day 07: Drive to west side of Manasrover at Chu-Gompa 4,545 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 08: At Manasrover Lake afternoon short drive to Darchen 4,620 m with time to visit its busy markets.
- Day 09: Drive to Tarboche 4,680 m start walk to Dhirapuk 4, 630 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 10: Trek to Zutul-Puk 4,730 m and over high Dorma-la pass – 6 hrs.
- Day 11 Trek near Darchen and drive to Dzongba 4,560 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 12: Drive to Kyirong – 06 hrs journey with overnight in local guest-house.
- Day 13: Drive to Nepal side at Dhunche 1,900 m for overnight stop – 05 hrs.
- Day 14: Drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel – 05 hrs.
- Day 15: International Departure homeward bound to respective countries.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.