Highlights of Rolwaling to Everest Trek via Tashi Labtsa-la
- Crossing one of the highest passes of Himalaya over Tashi-Labtsa La
- Enjoy perfect wilderness of high mountains within ice and glaciers
- Adventure on remote corners of Nepal North Mid-East Himalaya
- Beautiful Rolwaling Valley surrounded by high snow capped peaks
- Traverse from Rolwaling to scenic areas of Khumbu around Everest region
- Trip Mode: Hotel on treks local Lodge and camping
- Trek Grade: Adventurous to Challenging (especially on snow condition).
- Highest elevation gain: On top Tashi-Labtsa La 5,756 m.
- Daily walks: Minimum 04 hrs to maximum -07 hrs.
- Trek duration: 13 Nights and 14 Days (with drive and flight from Lukla)
- Total Trip: 17 Nights and 18 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu.
Rolwaling to Everest Trek via Tashi Labtsa-la Overview
Rolwaling to Everest trek via Tashi Labtsa-La pass trekking is an adventure that takes you high Rolwaling Valley enclosed within Mid-Eastern Himalayan peaks with towering Gaurishankar and Melung-Tse and array of high mountains.
Rolwaling Valley to Everest Region via Tashi Labtsa-La Pass trekking, probably one of the highest pass of Himalaya at above 5,456 m well hidden between giant peaks of Pachermo-Ramdung, Chukyima Go, Tabayum, Yalung Ri and Teng Ragi Tau. Certainly a great adventure to choose around Nepal Himalaya where walk leads you on less ventured trails often used by some few trekkers a beautiful and fascinating place to be away and far from maddening crowd of modernization world for few weeks.
Rolwaling Valley to Everest Region via Tashi Labtsa-La pass trekking, starts with exciting drive to reach past Dolkha and lovely town of Charikot facing views of Central Himalaya range with Mt. Gaurishankar to reach our walking point of adventure.
Walk leads past warm low paddy fields to reach high cooler alpine hills covered with tall rhododendron, magnolia and pine forest and exploring Sherpa villages of Simi-Gaon and Beding of great interest with impressive Buddhist culture and old custom. After Beding leaving the last human settlement and village to reach at the end of scenic Rolwaling valley where our true adventure begins heading to cross over high Tashi-Lambtsa La enclosed within giant peaks, a strenuous climb to reach the top of the pass surrounded by series of mountains.
Enjoying views and daring climb where long downhill takes you towards high Khumbu Valley within Everest region at Thame, a quiet sleepy large village with views of Kongde range with time to visit the monastery one of the oldest within Khumbu area.
From here onward on gentle trail back into lush green forest to reach at famous and colorful Namche Bazaar with time here to explore around and to observe interesting traditional life and culture of Sherpa people. After a pleasant time where walk leads down to Dudh-Kosi River valley and into serene woodland past several nice villages adorned with Buddhism monuments to reach at Lukla, to complete our overwhelming adventure ‘Rolwaling Valley to Everest Region via Tashi Labtsa-La pass trekking’
A short scenic flight brings you back at Kathmandu from Lukla, after a great experience on high mountains of Nepal Himalaya with finest services of Adventure Alpine Gorkha Treks and Expeditions.
Best Seasons for Rolwaling to Everest Trek via Tashi Labtsa-La Trekking:
April to May, spring time will be the best time when wild-flowers especially rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, which makes walk even more interesting with fine clear morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains sometimes by late afternoon times.
October to November another best months around Autumn/Fall when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon months from mid June to mid September a wet rainy seasons where less number of trekkers venture, and some lodge in mid monsoon and mid winter lodge can be closed sometimes due to harsh and wet climate which makes the walking trails much harder and slippery, but much greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice as per your holidays for Rolwaling Valley to Everest via Tashi Labtsa-La Adventure.
Rolwaling to Everest Trek via Tashi Labtsa-la Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Drive to Gongar 1,400m via Charikot -07hrs journey.
- Day 04: Trek to Simi-Gaon 1,980 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Dovan 2,500 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Beding 3,693m – 05 hrs.
- Day 07: Rest day for acclimatization and short hikes.
- Day 08: Trek to Na-Gaon 4,183m – 04 hrs.
- Day 09: Trek to Glacier camp 5,400 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 10: Trek to the base of Tashi Labtsa 5,400 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 11: Cross Tashi Labtsa-La Pass at 5,755 m and descend to Thyangbo 4,230 – 08 hrs.
- Day 12: Trek to Thame 3,820 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 13: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3, 440 m – 04 hrs.
- Day 14: Rest day (contingency day) at Namche Bazaar and for local hike.
- Day 15: Trek to Lukla – 06 hrs.
- Day 16: Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 17: In Kathmandu for individual activities or short sightseeing tour.
- Day 18: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.