Highlights of Tibet Overland Experience-EBC
- Scenic sweeping flight to roof of the world at fabled Lhasa city
- Exciting tour of Lhasa and important sites with magnificent Potala Palace
- Enjoy drive to visit beautiful Shigatse city and Tashilumpo Monastery
- Great way to explore and experience Tibetan cultures of fascinating heritage
- Drive to world highest monastery of Rongbuk with close views of Mt. Everest
- Trip Mode: Hotel with local Lodge and Guest House on route
- Tour Grade: Moderate and Adventurous.
- Highest Altitude: Over Gyatso-la 5,220 m high.
- Daily drives: Minimum of 04 hrs to maximum – 6 hrs.
- Tibet duration: 08 Nights and 09 Days (fly in and drive out)
- Total Trip: 12 Nights and 13 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu).
Tibet Overland Experience-EBC Overview
Tibet Overland Experience-EBC Tour a great way to observe Tibetan traditions and heritage way of life as it was since past hundred of centuries. Tibet Overland Experience-Everest Base Camp Tour where every visitor will enjoy soaking within local colorful cultures of Buddhism religion and witness Tibetans people from all around the country on pilgrimage mission around fabled city of Lhasa.
Starting with sweeping flight facing panorama of Himalayan peaks with Everest, Makalu to land at Gongar airport near Lhasa and then heading in the midst of the city of around old parts of Lhasa within exciting market square of Barkhor. While in Lhasa busy with tour visiting its famous monasteries Drefung-Shera-Jhorkang temple including magnificent Potala Palace the landmark and pride of Tibet located in the centre of the city.
After Lhasa where exciting overland journey leads southern areas of Tibet within its vast and high plateau crossing high passes and views of dramatic landscapes with turquoise Yamdrok Lake to reach at Shigatse another large and city of Tibet.
Enjoy interesting tour of golden roofed Tashilumpo monastery and its interesting markets and then drive leads over high Gyatso-la and Pang-la pass with grand views of world’s six high mountains with Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Cho-Oyu, Shsiapangma as far to Kanchenjunga in the east that borders Nepal Himalaya.
Driving close to Everest North Base Camp at Rongbuk Monastery area where short tour leads you at Everest North Base Camp right beneath towering Face of Mt. Everest. With exciting time at Rongbuk and base camp where drive leads on nice highway to reach the border of Nepal and Tibet at Kyirong and then enter into Nepal with another interesting drive back to Kathmandu, after a great adventure on Tibet Overland Experience with Everest Base Camp Tour.
Best Seasons for Tibet Overland Experience-EBC (Everest Base Camp):
April to November months of the year can visit Tibet, where April to May spring time will be the best time, visit of great interest with fine clear morning till afternoon, with some chances of light rains sometimes.
September to November another best months around Autumn/Fall, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes. Amazing to know that one can visit Tibet even in Monsoon months from mid June to mid September a wet rainy seasons on southern Himalaya, where’s Tibet falls within rain-shadow area, where heavy monsoon cloud blocked by giant Himalaya range.
That is why northern Himalaya and Tibet are dry and arid country with least rain fall, but heavy snow during winter and early spring times from December till March.
Monsoon times much green in Tibet around hills and valley with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice is yours for Tibet Overland Experience with Everest base camp.
Tibet Overland Experience-EBC Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu sightseeing tour and Tibet preparation.
- Day 03: Fly to Lhasa 3,650 m and transfer to hotel in the midst of the city.
- Day 04-05: In Lhasa with sightseeing tour at places of great interest.
- Day 06: Drive to Shigatse 3,900 m via Gyantse – 06 hrs journey.
- Day 07: At Shigatse tour of Tashilumpo monastery and market
- Day 08: Drive to Rongbuk Monastery 4,890 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 09: At Rongbuk visit Everest base camp hike or in local transport.
- Day 10: Drive to Kyirong Border 2,890 m for last overnight in Tibet – 06 hrs.
- Day 11: Drive to Dhunche 1,900 m – 04 hrs journey.
- Day 12: Drive to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel – 05 hrs.
- Day 13: International Departure homeward bound to respective countries.