Highlights of Tibet Cultural Tour
- Impressive cultural and scenic tour around world highest fabled city of Lhasa
- Visit important places around Lhasa and witness fascinating Buddhism cultures
- Fly in and Fly out from Kathmandu-Lhasa with fabulous scenery of mountains
- Enjoy Tibetan traditional life with age-old heritage of interesting colorful custom
- Tour of famous magnificent Potala Palace and other important sites of Tibet
- Trip Mode: Hotel with local Lodge and Guest House on route
- Tour Grade: Leisure with short walks
- Highest Altitude: At Ganden Monastery area 3,830 m high.
- Tibet duration: 04 Nights and 05 Days (fly in and drive out)
- Total Trip: 07 Nights and 08 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu).
Tibet Cultural Tour Overview
Tibet Cultural Tour a short and marvelous trip that leads you on roof top of the world in one of the highest city on this planet, at above 3,650 m high in the harmony of colorful Tibetan culture and age-old heritage life style as it were hundreds of years. Tibet Cultural Tour an interesting journey of less than week duration allows you see fabled city of Lhasa and its surrounding beautiful landscapes and country rural life visiting places of great interest.
Tibet Cultural Tour starts from the capital Kathmandu taking a scenic sweeping flight over Himalaya range with views of Mt. Everest during an hour air journey to land at Tibetan soil. On reaching Gogar International airport near Lhasa where short drive leads you in the heart of fabled city Lhasa around busy and colorful Barkhor Market Square where hotels located.
At Lhasa leads you to interesting tour of its famous monasteries and soaking with local Buddhist culture and observing Tibetan simple and happy life intact with age-old traditional and custom.
Tour takes you inside famed Potala Palace a magnificent fort with more than thousand rooms, where visitors allowed visit only in few important rooms areas of the palace. Journey in Tibet extends outside Lhasa to reach another historical and important religious sites at Ganden located on a high hill with stunning views of Tibet farm country and villages.
Enjoying time at Ganden with tour around great sites back to Lhasa for last overnight in Tibet where next morning flight brings you back to Kathmandu after a memorable short experience on Tibet Cultural Tour.
Best Seasons for Tibet Cultural Tour:
April to November months of the year can visit Tibet, where April to May spring time will be the best time, visit of great interest with fine clear morning till afternoon, with some chances of light rains sometimes. September to November another best months around Autumn/Fall, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Amazing to know that one can visit Tibet even in Monsoon months from mid June to mid September a wet rainy seasons on southern Himalaya, where’s Tibet falls within rain-shadow area, where heavy monsoon cloud blocked by giant Himalaya range. That is why northern Himalaya and Tibet are dry and arid country with least rain fall, but heavy snow during winter and early spring times from December till March.
Monsoon times much green in Tibet around hills and valley with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice is yours for Tibet Cultural Tour.
Tibet Cultural Tour Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu sightseeing tour and Tibet preparation.
- Day 03: Fly to Lhasa 3,650 m and transfer to hotel in the midst of the city.
- Day 04-05: In Lhasa with sightseeing tour at places of great interest.
- Day 06: At Lhasa tour of Ganden Monastery 3,830 m of few hour drives.
- Day 07: Drive to Lhasa / Gongor Airport fly to Kathmandu-1 hr:15 mins.
- Day 08: International Departure homeward bound to respective countries.