Highlights of Mardi Himal Trek
- Enjoy the adventure on a quiet scenic trail with majestic mountain views
- Moderate to Adventurous walks to pristine areas of Mardi Himal base camp
- Walk into lovely forested trails filled with tall rhododendron and pine trees
- Trek beneath towering Machhapuchare Himal around Mardi Himal area
- On an exclusive trail to Mardi Himal away from main-stream trekking routes
- Grand panorama of Annapurna and Machhapuchare with Fish-Tail twin summit
- Trip Mode: Hotel while in cities with local Lodge on treks
- Trek Grade: Moderate to Adventurous walks.
- Highest elevation gain: At Mardi Himal Base Camp 4,995 m high.
- Daily walks: Minimum of 3-4 hrs to maximum 5-6 hrs.
- Trek duration: 07 Nights and 08 Days (Pokhara to Pokhara)
- Total Trip: 13Nights and 14 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu.
Mardi Himal Trek Overview
Mardi Himal Trek is an adventure into fresh new areas within hidden pockets of Annapurna Himalaya region. The walk leads you on high scenic ridges and hills with uninterrupted views of stunning Annapurna Himalaya peaks with Machhapuchare Himal the famous ‘Fish-Tail’ peak. Adventure Alpine Gorkha Treks offers an exclusive journey into high green hills within Annapurna Himalaya range of mountains. The Mardi Himal located at the height of 5,555m / 18,225 ft. Mardi Himal base camp is beneath towering South Face of Machhapuchare peak known as Fish-Tail, due to its twin summit peaks.
Mardi Himal base camp Trek 13 days itinerary leads you to far-flung corners of the Annapurna Himalaya range. This elusive trail seldom ventured by other few trekkers and being away from the main busy path of the Annapurna region. Trek Starts from beautiful Pokhara blessed with the natural beauty of mountains and lakes a short drive leads. Beyond Pokhara valley leading to a climb to scenic spots of Australian Camp and at Potana within deep green woodland facing outmost views of Annapurna range of peaks.
The trail continues heading dense woodland of tall rhododendron and pine trees. Then suddenly, tree lines drop entering at pristine surrounding — Mardi Himal base camp trekking, facing alluring views of Annapurna-Machhapuchare and Manaslu mountain range. After a beautiful dramatic moment, head back on the same trail and then route diverts to new areas on a downhill walk to catch a ride back to Pokhara. It is our marvellous adventure Mardi Himal Trekking concludes.
Best Seasons for Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek
Nearly all seasons of the year can trek, where March to May springtime will be the best time when wild-flowers, especially the rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom. The walk is more appealing with beautiful, bright morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains sometimes.
October to mid-December, another best month around Autumn/Fall and beginning of wintertime, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon months from mid-June to mid-September, a wet rainy seasons were less number of trekkers venture. Some lodge in mid monsoon and mid-winter where inn can be closed sometimes due to harsh and humid climate, which makes the walking trails much harder and slippery. But much greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice as per your holidays for Nepal and Mardi Himal Trekking.
Mardi Himal Trek Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to the hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for a sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Drive or Fly to Pokhara 860 m (30 mins by air) with 6 hrs overland.
- Day 04: Drive to Kande walk to Deurali 2,060 m via Thulo Kharka (Australian Camp) – 05 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Kokar Forest camp 2,520 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Badal Danda / Low Camp 2,970 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to High Camp 3,700 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 08: At High Camp for a hike to Mardi Himal base camp above 4,495 m.
- Day 09: Trek to Siding village 1,750m – 05 hrs.
- Day 10: Drive back to Pokhara 850 m -04 hrs walk and ride.
- Day 11: Drive / Fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel.
- Day 12: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.