Highlights of Langtang Ganja-La Helambu Trekking
- Enjoy dramatic adventure crossing over high Ganja-la pass to Helambu area
- A beautiful journey around scenic Langtang valley to reach impressive Helambu
- Walk into enchanting woodland of tall rhododendron and magnolia tree lines
- Following glacial river gorge to reach wide magnificent Langtang valley
- Explore interesting and immense culture of both Langtang and Helambu villages
- Trip Mode: Hotel and local Lodge with camping for few nights
- Trek Grade: Adventurous to Challenging (in snow condition)
- Highest elevation gain: Crossing Ganja-la 5,122 m high.
- Daily walks: Minimum 04 hrs to maximum – 06 hrs.
- Trek duration: 11 Nights and 12 Days (with drive both ways)
- Total Trip: 14 Nights and 15 Days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu).
Langtang Ganja-La Helambu Trekking Overview
Langtang Ganja-la Helambu Trekking, one of the few altitude adventures around beautiful Langtang Himal, located within Nepal Central Himalaya that borders with Tibet/ China. Langtang Ganja la to Helambu Trekking will be an enjoyable and exciting walk visiting both scenic and cultural sides of Langtang Himal with Tamang and Hyalmo villages around heritage areas of Helambu and Rasuwa districts.
Adventure lover trekkers require suitable physical shapes and right month of the seasons. The traveler cross from Langtang valley to reach the impressive village of Tarkye-Ghyang in Helambu via high Ganja-la pass. The walk leads after a great exciting drive from Kathmandu to reach high areas of Langtang and Rasuwa district at Dhunche at about 1,900 m within cold and fresh mountain air. We are then heading further to arrive at Syabrubesi village to start our adventure into Langtang valley and beyond.
As our route leads past several Tamang villages adorned with the ancient culture of Buddhism then walk into serene woodland following a river right up to Kyanjin a beautiful place located amid scenic Langtang Valley. At Kyanjin with rest and acclimatization days are enjoying a great hike to the picturesque hilltop of Kyanjin-Ri or at Tseogo-Ri facing incredible panorama of whole Langtang Himal peaks with Tibetan mountains.
A marvelous journey leads on Langtang valley, where the route leads across Langtang River to reach isolated and remote areas. Langtang at the base of Ganja-la pass, where morning adventure climb takes you on top with steep descends towards Helambu areas.
Crossing with a strenuous climb with beautiful panorama of mountains and then downhill back into the dense forest to reach a charming Tarkye-Ghyang village of Helambu enriched with age-old Buddhist traditions and culture. Enjoying with an adventure of a lifetime experience on Langtang and Ganja la to Helambu Trekking where drive brings you back at Kathmandu after a thrill and beautiful memories with Adventure Alpine Gorkha Treks and Expeditions.
Best Seasons for Langtang Ganja-La Helambu Trekking
April and May are the best months with wild-flowers especially the rhododendron (Nepal national flower) in full bloom, the walk will be great and exciting with beautiful, bright morning till afternoon, with some chances of rains and snow sometimes on higher altitude.
Mid-September, October, and November another best months around Autumn/Fall and pre-winter, when most of the days are clear for views and walks but can be much colder and freezing as altitude gains with chances of snow sometimes.
Monsoon months from mid June to early September a wet rainy seasons where less number of trekkers venture and some lodge in mid monsoon and mid-winter lodge can be closed sometimes due to harsh and humid climate, which makes the walking trails much harder and slippery, but much greener hills with lush vegetation in wet seasons, so the choice as per your holidays in Nepal and for Langtang and Ganja-la to Helambu Trekking.
Langtang Ganja-La Helambu Trekking Short Outline Itinerary
- Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu via various airlines and transfer to hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu options for sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
- Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,503 m- 06 hrs.
- Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel 2,450 m – 06 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Langtang Village 3,430 m-05 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin 3,830m/12,565 ft – 04 hrs.
- Day 07: At Kyanjin for hike to Kyanjin-Ri 4,773 m or Tsego-Ri 4,984 m.
- Day 08: Trek to Ganja La Phedi 4,300m – 06 hrs.
- Day 09: Cross Ganja La pass 5,122 m descend to Keldang 4,250m – 07 hrs.
- Day 10: Trek to Dukpu 4,080 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 11: Trek to Tarke Gyang 2,590m – 05 hrs.
- Day 12: At Tarke Gyang with rest day to explore local culture.
- Day 13: Trek to Sermathang 2,610m – 04 hours
- Day 14: Walk and drive to Kathmandu via Malemchi Bazaar – 05 hrs.
- Day 15: International Departure homeward bound or respective countries.